Lawn Fawn - HapBee Spring Embroidery Card

mardi 28 mars 2023

Hey there,

I'm so happy to be back on Lawn Fawn YouTube Channel & Blog with this bright embroidered spring card. It was my first time doing cross stitching, I only did regular embroidery a few times in the past, so my technique was not perfect, but I'm glad the bee I cross stitched looks like a bee ^^

I started off my creating a lovely and bright spring landscape. I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Large Stitched Rectangle out of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock, and used some stencils to color it. I used the Grassy stencil and one of the Grassy Hillside stencils along with shabby shutters + mowed lawn oxide inks to color the lower part of the panel, and used the Cloudy stencil along with salvaged patina + peacock feathers oxide inks to color the upper part.

Once the panel was dry, I worked on my greeting. I did the first part using letters from Henry Jr's ABCs + a flower from Elphie Selphie to create the word "Hap*Bee". And did the second part using Henry's ABCs + a paper from the Really Rainbow paper pack to create the word "Spring", and finally read "Hap*Bee Spring".

Next I did some coloring. I stamped all my images on Transotype perfect coloring paper using Jet Black ink, cut them all using the coordinating dies, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers + Graph'it brush markers.

Next I started working on the embroidery. I picked one of the dies from Embroidery Hoop, I cut a hoop out of Speckled eggshell cardstock, and cross stitched the bee using DMC threads from my stash. And once it was done, I cut the hoop frame out of Kraft cardstock, and attached it around the bee. I also attached a Small stitched circle at the back of the design to have a base to put some liquid glue and then stick my embroidered design on the panel. I attached all the images using 2mm foam squares to be at the same height as the embroidery circle, and finished my card by adding highlights and details on the images using a white gel pen.


VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Berry special
- Bugs and kisses
- Gleeful gardens
- Easter party
- Eggstraordinary Easter
- Henry Jr's ABCs
- Butterfly kisses
- Butterfly kisses flip-flop
- Elphie selphie

Die sets
- Embroidery hoop
- Small stitched circle stackables
- Large stitched rectangle stackables

Misc
- Grassy stencil
- Grassy hillside stencil
- Cloudy stencil
- Jet black ink

Cardstock & papers
- Speckled eggshell
- White cardstock
- Kraft cardstock
- Really rainbow paper pack


OTHER SUPPLIES


- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: shabby shutter, mowed lawn, rustic wilderness, salvaged patina, peacock feathers
- Sakura white gel pen
- Copic opaque white ink
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)
- Transotype perfect coloring paper (images)
- DMC threads

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire