Sunny Studio - Rainbow Spring Bouquet

jeudi 9 mars 2023

Hey there,

I'm back on Sunny Studio's blog with more flowers to brighten your day! Today's card features Spring Bouquet, a beautiful layering stamp set that includes three types of flowers: daffodil, hyacinth and iris. I decided to go with hyacinths only in order to create like a field of flowers, and the first thing I did was to stamp six of them on Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock using distress oxide inks. Here are the color combinations I picked for each flower & greenery:

- Pink: spun sugar + kitsch flamingo + picked raspberry
- Orange: dried marigold + carved pumpkin + ripe persimmon
- Yellow: squeezed lemonade + mustard seed + fossilized amber
- Green: shabby shutters + mowed lawn + rustic wilderness
- Blue: tumbled glass + salty ocean + blueprint sketch
- Purple: shaded lilac + wilted violet + villainous potion
- Greenery: mowed lawn + rustic wilderness


Because Spring is coming soon, I decided to add a few bees. These are from Sunflower Fields, and again, I used distress oxide inks to stamp the different parts: mustard seed for the body, black soot for the dark details, and lost shadow for the wings. Once the flowers, leaves and bees were done, I cut everything using the coordinating dies, and moved on to the background.


To be able to fit the six flowers on my card, I went for a slimline design. I cut an 8,5 x 3,5 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and I did some stenciling using distress oxide inks. On the lower part, I created a hill border using shabby shutters + mowed lawn. And on the upper part, a cloudy sky using tumbled glass + salty ocean. Next I cut another 8,5 x 3,5 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and cut a slim grass border out of it using a die from Picket Fence, and I colored that grass border using shabby shutters + mowed lawn oxide inks.


Next I stamped my "I'm so thankful for your friendship" greeting from Words Of Gratitude on the grass border using black ink, I attached the border at the bottom of my slimline panel using foam squares, and then the hyacinths, leaves and bees using foam squares again. And finally I added highlights and details on the images using a white gel pen.


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Spring bouquet stamp set
- Sunflower fields stamp set
- Words of gratitude stamp set
- Picket fence die set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Distress oxide inks: spun sugar, kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry, dried marigold, carved pumpkin, ripe persimmon, squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, fossilized amber, shabby shutters, mowed lawn, rustic wilderness, tumbled glass, salty ocean, blueprint sketch, shaded lilac, wilted violet, villainous potion, lost shadow, black soot
- Stencils by Lawn Fawn
- Sakura white gel pen
- Copic opaque white ink
- Black versafine ink
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire