Sunny Studio - Wild Cherries

jeudi 6 juin 2024

Hi there,

I'm back on the Sunny Studio blog with this bright and cheerful card showcasing the Wild Cherries, one of the fruit themed die sets from the Summer 2024 release. So amazing!


I started off by creating a light pink cloudy background on a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel using a stencil from my stash along with spun sugar oxide ink. Next I used a cherry stencil, from my stash again, along with worn lipstick, festive berries, shabby shutters, mowed lawn, vintage photo and ground espresso oxide inks, and created a beautiful cherry background. I splattered water all over the panel and dried it using a paper towel. I also mixed some ground espresso oxide ink with water and used a small brush to add more texture to my panel, and then did the same with copic opaque white ink.


Next I cut all my bits and pieces: cherries, stems, branches, leaves, flowers and bird out of colored cardstock, and used oxide inks to add shadows and more depth to each element. Here is a detailed list of the products I used: • Wild Cherries for the cherries, stems, leaves • Out On A Limb for the branches • Wicker Basket for the flowers • Build A Birdhouse for the bird.


I cut a Frilly Frames Hexagon scalloped panel out of vellum, temporarily taped it to my stenciled panel using washi tape, and then attached all the die-cut pieces on the vellum using 1mm and 2mm foam squares, as well as 3mm glue dots and liquid glue, leaving enough space in the center for my Punny Fruit Greeting. I first white heat embossed "You're the" and "On top of my day", leaving enough space for the word "Cherry" that I stamped using festive berries oxide ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Next I removed the washi tape pieces, flipped my vellum panel over, added liquid glue behind each die-cut piece, and then attached the panel to my stenciled background.

For the finishing touches, I added a black dot on the bird's eye using black nuvo drops, highlights and details to the elements using a white gel pen, and three dots in the center of each flower using white nuvo drops.


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Wild cherries die set
- Out on a limb die set
- Wicker basket die set
- Build a birdhouse die set
- Frilly frames hexagon die set
- Punny fruit greetings stamp set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: spun sugar, worn lipstick, festive berries, shabby shutters, mowed lawn, vintage photo, ground espresso
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Clear embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- White nuvo drops
- Black nuvo drops
- Layered cherries stencils by Pretty Pink Posh
- Cloudy stencil by Lawn Fawn
- Vellum by Lawn Fawn
- Colored cardstock by The Stamp Market + Lawn Fawn
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire