Sunny Studio - Big Panda Sliding Window Interactive Card

vendredi 14 juin 2024

Hello there,

I'm super excited to be back on the Sunny Studio blog with this bright and colorful interactive card featuring Big Panda which is an amazing addition to the large critters we already have: Big Bunny and Holiday Hugs. Tropical cards are always so fun to make, I like to use vibrant colors when I create one, and this new card makes no exception.


I started off by stamping my images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink. I used the coordinating dies to cut them all, and colored everything using my Graph'it brush markers and my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers.

Here is a detailed list of the products I used: • Big Panda for the panda, coconut cocktail and sunglasses • Fabulous Flamingos for the tropical leaves and flowers • Panda Party for the banner • Sending Sunshine for the small palm tree • Seasonal Trees for the large palm tree and coconuts


I cut a 5 x 3,75 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel using the largest Stitched Rectangle, and colored it using oxide inks. From top to bottom, I applied tumbled glass, squeezed lemonade and dried marigold. And I added a jungle pattern using a tropical leaves stencil from my stash along with, from top to bottom, salty ocean, mustard seed and carved pumpkin oxide inks. Next I added texture to my panel to make it even more interesting, starting with water splatters that I dried with a paper towel. I also mixed some black soot oxide ink with water and used a small brush to make more splatters, and then did the same with copic opaque white ink mixed with water.


Next I cut and colored two additional Strathmore bristol smooth panels. The first one measures 5 x 3,25 inches, and I colored it using tumbled glass oxide ink. I cut the second one using the largest Stitched Rectangle, and I colored it using squeezed lemonade oxide ink. 


Once my tropical panel was dry, I cut my Sliding Window out of it, as well as the notch at the top, folded my panel on the score lines, flipped it over, and added double sided tape on the slim bottom tab. I peeled the backing paper off this tab, flipped my additional blue panel over, and attached it at the back of my tropical panel, lining up the bottom edge of the blue panel with the slim tab. I glued the small tab piece at the top of the blue panel, pierced a hole on that tab, cut a yellow eyelet using a die from Sliding Window, attached this eyelet on the tab, and added gold thread to create a handle and be able to pull the tab.

I flipped my tropical panel over, and added foam strips along the bottom edge, on the side edges as well, but not along the top edge. I peeled all the backing papers off, and attached my tropical panel to the extra yellow panel to complete the whole interactive process. Next I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches light brown woodgrain panel, and attached my interactive panel to it using liquid glue.


I attached all my images on my panel using 1mm and 2mm foam squares. I also created two sentiments. I white heat embossed "Hello" and "Summer" from Big Panda on black cardstock, and cut them using the coordinating dies. I attached "Hello" at the top of the pull tab using foam squares, attached "Summer" on the inside and stamped "Happy" from Big Panda right above it in black. And finally I added highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen.


SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Big panda stamp set
- Sending sunshine stamp set
- Seasonal trees stamp set
- Fabulous flamingos stamp set
- Panda party stamp set
- Sliding window die set
- Stitched rectangle die set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, dried marigold, carved pumpkin, black soot
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear embossing ink
- Fine white embossing powder
- Jet black ink by Lawn Fawn
- Gold thread by Stampin Up
- Tropical leaves background stencils by Lawn Fawn
- Light brown woodgrain cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Yellow cardstock by The Stamp Market
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock (images)
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire