Craftin Desert Divas - Happy birthday from the savannah - Trifold Card

mercredi 16 août 2017

Hey there,

Here is the third card of the series I've made as a guest designer using the new stamp set from Craftin Desert Divas called "Get Wild". Creating it was so much fun, but I think I should have made the same type of background as the one I made on the Life on Mars card because on this one, it's a little bit too thick when the card is closed. But I still love it anyway!


I first started by die cutting a long strip of grass and two long strips of hills to create the bottom of my card. I colored the three pieces using the same color combo of distress inks. Then I created the sky. I wanted it to be kind of a morning sky so I used a pale yellow ink and a bright blue ink that I blended together. I sprayed water on top of it and blotted it to create a nice effect on that sky.


I divided each piece in three and attached them at the bottom of my trifold card using double sided tape for the hills and liquid glue for the grass.


Then I stamped all my images on alcohol marker friendly white cardstock, colored and fussy cut them. I also stamped my sentiment on the middle part of the trifold card.


I die cut clouds from vellum and white cardstock that I glued on the left and right parts of the card, and then I attached all my images using liquid glue. And finally I used a dark brown marker to add some shadows under each character.

VIDEO
Below or here

CRAFTIN DESERT DIVAS SUPPLIES
- Get wild stamp set


- The sky is the limit dies
(no longer available)

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Distress inks from Tim Holtz: twisted citron, mowed lawn, vintage photo, scattered straw, salty ocean
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
- Watercolor cardstocl from Canson
- Vellum paper from Canson
- Black dye ink from Hero Arts

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire