Hello Bluebird - Bold Holidays

samedi 2 novembre 2019

Hello there,

I'm glad to share with you a trio of holiday cards featuring the brand new Bold Holidays stamp set designed by Hello Bluebird, as well as the Holiday Flurries stamp set which is from a previous release.

I'm usually into making busy cards with lots of critters and background elements but this new Bold Holidays stamp set called for simplicity so I tried to stay minimalist.



The process was the same for the three cards, so here are the different steps:

 1. I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" panel out of colored cardstock. To be able to stamp the three words in the middle of my panel, I traced some pencil marks from one side at 1,25" ; 2" and 2-3/8". And I did the same marks from the other side, and I traced the lines.


2. I chose some snowflakes from the Holiday Flurries stamp set and stamped them all around the panel using clear embossing ink to create a snowflake frame.


3. I sprinkled embossing powder on the ink,


4. And I heat set the snowflakes. And I like to start to heat the paper from the back first, this way I get a better result with the melting.

5. Next I stamped a big word in the middle section of my panel using the same clear embossing ink,


6. I sprinkled gold embossing powder on it, and heat set it.




7. To add more interest and details to my frame, I stamped more snowflakes using clear embossing ink only to get a nice ton on ton impression.


8. Next I stamped the outlined version of the big word on the top and bottom sections of my panel.


9. To darken my panel, I applied distress inks on the edges,


10. And to get more texture on my panel, I splattered drops of white paint, as well as drops of liquid stardust for a lot of sparkles.




11. I applied clear shimmer inside the top and bottom words. This way those words will stand out a little bit more, and it's a holiday card so the more sparkles the better!

12. I cut a card base out of the same colored cardstock, and stamped my sentiment (from the Holiday Flurries stamp set) inside of it.


13. I attached my panel on the front, and added the final touch with morning dew nuvo drops on the snowflakes.


VIDEO
Below or here


HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- Bold Holidays stamp set
- Holiday Flurries stamp set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Raspberry cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Blue Jay cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Storm Cloud cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Gold embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Silver embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Festive berries, aged mahogany, chipped sapphire, black soot, hickory smoke distress inks
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Clear shimmer pen by Spectrum Noir
- Morning Dew nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- White paint by Hero Arts
- Liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire