Hello Bluebird - Snowball Fight stamp set

vendredi 1 novembre 2019

Hi there,

This new Hello Bluebird card features the new Snowball Fight stamp set, and I also used the Skating Pond Scene die set, which is from a previous release, to help me create a fun little scene.


So I first started by cutting all the Skating Pond elements out of bristol cardstock, except for the trees that I cut out of woodgrain cardstock. I also cut a bristol panel that I used as a base to create the sky. I first applied tumbled glass distress ink on it, and next I added more depth by adding salty ocean distress ink at the top of my panel. I splattered water on the ink, and the sky will mostly be covered by the trees so I didn't add anything else to it.



For the pond, I lightly applied tumbled glass distress ink on the edges, next I covered the whole piece with clear embossing ink, sprinkled clear embossing powder on it, and then heat set it to get a nice and frozen pond.

To add more texture to my trees, I simply applied hickory smoke distress ink on top of them.

And next I assembled my background. I started with the frozen pond that I stuck using double sided tape, and the other pieces were attached using foam tape. I also die cut two white cloud borders using a die from the Grassy Knoll die set, and I stuck them above the trees to give the illusion of a snowy foliage.



As always I stamped my images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink and I colored them using my alcohol markers. Once the coloring was done, I attached my images using glue dots and foam squares.

For my sentiment, I used a speech bubble die from the Fall Friends stamp set and this sentiment from the new First Snow stamp setFinally I added white highlights on the images, and because snow always shines, I applied clear shimmer to all the snowballs.


VIDEO
Below or here


HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- Snowball Fight stamp set
- Skating Pond Scene die set
- Grassy Knoll die set
- First Snow stamp set (for the sentiment)
- Fall Friends stamp set (for the speech bubble)

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, hickory smoke
- Versamark embossing ink
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear shimmer pen by Spectrum Noir
- Woodgrain cardstock by Simon Says Stamp
- Black licorice cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire