Holiday Card Series 2019 w/ Lawn Fawn - Light Up Fairy Card

mardi 19 novembre 2019

Hi there,

A few days ago I shared a cute mushroom house showcasing the Lawn Fawn Merry Mice light up kit. It was the very first time I was using LEDs and copper tape on a card but I liked it so much that I wanted to create another light up card.

So this new card features the Frosty Fairy Friends stamp set, it's an oldie but goodie product and it's actually my all time favorite holiday stamp set.



I first started by cutting a background panel using Sugarplum cardstock and the Snowy Backdrop die. I applied wilted violet distress ink on the edges, and added a tiny bit of black soot to create more depth. To get a nice and pretty snowy sky, I stuck my panel on Pixie Dust cardstock.

As usual I stamped my images on white cardstock using Jet Black ink and colored them using my alcohol markers, using purples and pinks with touches of white. And I colored the tree to be silver.



When the coloring was done, I cut the images using the coordinating dies. Next I cut two borders out of Pixie Dust cardstock using dies from the Stitched Simple Wavy Border die set. I layered those borders and temporarily taped them to my snowy background.

I placed the images to get a general idea of the scene and marked where the Christmas tree star should be using a pencil. And I used a star shape die from the How You Bean Christmas Cookie Add-on set to cut my snowy panel right on the pencil mark. And I also cut the same star shape out of the top of my Christmas tree. To get a more diffuse light and at the same time hide the LED, I stuck a piece of vellum at the back of the star.

Next I adhered the pixie dust borders at the bottom of my snowy panel, cut a card base out of Sugarplum cardstock and marked the star spot on the card base to know exactly where I should put the LED.


Next I created the whole light up mechanism but it's easier to understand the process with a video so I highly recommend that you watch the video below to see how I made it ^^

When it was done, I applied three layers of foam tape to make sure that the light won't be on all the time. I removed the back paper, and attached my snowy panel on top. I attached was the tree first, and then I stamped the phrase Push Here. It's from the light up kit that was released last week but you can use a stamp from the Push Here stamp set that is from a previous release.

I stuck the house using glue dots making sure the door was positioned on the battery spot, and then I attached the remaining images. I added clear shimmer on some spots such as the windows, the star, the fairies dresses and tree ornaments, and next I applied white nuvo drops on each branch. And of course fairies need sparkly wings so I applied white blizzard nuvo drops on those elements.



For my sentiment, I first cut a banner out of pink cardstock using a die from the Simple Wavy Banner die set and white heat embossed the phrase Joyful Wishes from the Winter Wavy Sayings stamp set on it.

My scene needed more snow details so I cut a few extra pieces out of Pixie Dust cardstock using coordinating dies from the Frosty Fairy Friends stamp set and glued them on the house. I adhered the banner using foam squares, and added some mushrooms and gifts here and there, and also lights on the house to complete the scene. And the last final touch was to add white highlights on the images to make them pop a little bit more.

VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Frosty fairy friends stamp set 
- Christmas dreams stamp set
- Winter wavy sayings stamp set
- Merry mice for chibitronics stamp set (or equivalent Push Here stamp set)
- How you bean Christmas cookie add-on 
- Snowfall backdrop landscape die
- Stitched simple wavy border die set
- Simple wavy banner die set
- Jet black ink
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder
- Sugarplum cardstock 
- Pixie dust cardstock

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: wilted violet, black soot
- Sakura white gel pen
- Vellum from my stash
- Simply white nuvo drops by Tonix Studio
- White blizzard nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- Clear shimmer pen by Spectrum Noir

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire