Lawn Fawn - Rainbow Light Up Card

samedi 11 janvier 2020

Hello there,

Today I'm sharing a new Valentine card featuring the cute lamp from the You're just my type stamp set as well as the Happy Heart Day Line Border die, both by Lawn Fawn. That lamp and the phrase "You light up my life" definitely called for a light up card!

I first started by stamping seven lamps on white cardstock using jet black ink and colored five of them using my alcohol markers in rainbow colors. And when it was done, I used the coordinating dies to cut the images.



I die cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches stitched rectangle out of a paper from the Really Rainbow 6x6 paper pack. I cut a second rectangle out of white cardstock, cut a large strip out of it and distressed the edges using scissors to make this panel more interesting.


Next I stamped my sentiment "You Light Up My Life", and stuck all the lamps using glue dots and liquid glue, except for the yellow one that I will attach when the light up mechanism is done.


The yellow lamp is going to be the lit up one, so I cut the light section off using my utility knife. Next I placed that lamp on the white panel and used a pencil to mark the light spot. I used a punch to pierce a hole in that white panel, I used it as a guide to mark the light spot on the rainbow background, and then I used my utility knife again to pierce a hole in the rainbow background.

I added vellum at the back of the yellow lamp to hide the light and to get a nice diffuse look, and I stamped the three small dashes from the same stamp set to emphasize the light effect.


For the second part of my sentiment, I cut the Happy Heart Day Line Border twice: from gold mirror cardstock and from white cardstock, and I glued the gold mirror border on top of the white border to get dimension.




I cut a card base out of chili pepper cardstock, and used the rainbow panel as a guide to mark the light spot on it. Next I attached the white panel on the rainbow background, making sure to align the holes perfectly, and right below it I stuck the gold mirror border.


I cut two small hearts (a blue one and a pink one) using a die from the Woodland Critter Huggers die set. The pink one is here just for decoration, and the blue one will tell the recipient what to do so I stamped the words "Push Here" on it. And then I attached those hearts on both sides of the Happy Heart Day border using foam squares.


Next I finally created the light up mechanism. I invite you to watch the video at the end to see the process ^^


The last thing to do was to stick the yellow lamp on its spot using glue dots and liquid glue, and finally I added white highlights on the images, as well as a few colorful rainbow drops around the lamps.


VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- You're just my type stamp + die sets
- Happy heart day line border die
- Woodland critter huggers die set
- Large stitched rectangle stackables die set
- Really rainbow 6x6 paper pack
- Chili pepper cardstock
- White cardstock
- Jet black ink

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Nuvo drops by Tonic Studio: caribbean ocean, apple green, english mustard, ripened pumpkin, carnation pink
- Gold mirror cardstock
- Vellum from my stash
- Copper tape + white lights by Chibitronics
- Sakura white gel pen

2 commentaires: