Holiday Card Series w/ Sunny Studio - Magic Iris Nativity Scene

mercredi 18 novembre 2020

Hello there,

Today's card features the lovely Holy Night stamp set by Sunny Studio, I instantly fell in love with that set when it came out but couldn't find time to create something with it so I'm very happy to finally be able to share this video with you.



I started by stamping and cutting all my images using memento tuxedo black ink, 80lbs Neenah solar white, and the coordinating dies. And my alcohol markers to color everything.

Once the coloring was done, I moved in to the background. I cut a panel out of strathmore bristol cardstock using the main die from the Magic Iris add-on by Lawn Fawn, I also cut the arrow handle and I kept all those pieces together using tape at the back. And I created a night sky using three different distress inks: blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire and black soot.

Once I was happy with the blending, I added lots of texture to give more interest to that background: water drops that I dry using a paper towel. Next I smooshed my chipped sapphire and black soot ink pads onto my glass surface, I added a little bit of water and then used a thin brush to create a bunch of dots on the paper. And a night sky needs sparkling stars so I used liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn to make my panel super shiny.



Next I cut all the pieces to build the magic iris: three rings, three sausages, three stabilizers and two tabs, and I started by inking the inside circle of each ring using blueprint sketch distress ink. I also colored the sausages using blueprint sketch again and created the same texture on those three pieces as the texture on my panel.

And then I built the magic iris, and I invite you to watch the video below to see the process ^^



Once the magic iris was complete, I white heat embossed a few stars at the top of my night sky panel, and covered the entire front of the magic iris ring using double sided tape. I attached my panel on the magic iris, making sure to line everything up nicely, I applied a bunch of 3mm foam squares at the back of my panel and attached that panel on a 5,5 x 4,25" light blue panel. Off screen I white heat embossed 'O holy night' on the circle and tucked that circle right in the middle of my panel using liquid glue.

To ground my nativity scene, I colored two grass borders using peeled paint and forest moss distress inks, and stuck those borders at the bottom of my panel. The big one using double sided tape and the small one using foam squares.

Next I finally attached my images, and the last step was to add some clear shimmer on the yellow star and also on the halo behind the baby jesus image.
 

VIDEO
Below or here



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Holy night stamp set
- Seasonal trees stamp set
- Spring scenes stamp set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire, black soot, peeled paint, forest moss
- Magic iris die set + add-on by Lawn Fawn
- Large stitched rectangle stackables by Lawn Fawn
- Outside in stitched rectangle stackables by Lawn Fawn
- Grassy knoll die set by Hello Bluebird
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn
- Clear shimmer pen by Spectrum Noir
- Sakura white gel pen
- Rainforest + shimmer tropical cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire