Hello Bluebird - Partly Cloudy + Singing in the Rain

mercredi 12 mai 2021

Hi there,

 I’m back with more Hello Bluebird inspiration for you and this time I’m showcasing the adorable Singing in the rain stamp set, as well as the gorgeous Partly Cloudydie and the Jane Small Alpha die set.

I started with the coloring. I stamped my image using extreme black ink by My Favorite Things, colored it using my alcohol markers, and cut it using the coordinating die.

I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" bristol panel and created the sky using tumbled glass, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire and black soot oxide inks. After the blending, I added three different textures, and as always I started with some water droplets all the panel. I dried the paper using a paper towel, and then added more contrast: I pressed my chipped sapphire ink pad onto my glass mat, added a bit of water and used a small brush to create a whole bunch of dots on my panel. And finally a touch of light using white acrylic paint mixed with water.

Once my panel was dry, I took the Partly Cloudy die that I taped to my blue panel, and then sent it to my die cut machine. I kept all the pieces together using washi tape on the front of my panel, flipped it over and applied foam on every piece except for the thin cloud lines. I placed my cloud panel on top of a card base, and pressed firmly to connect all the pieces to that card base. I carefully removed the washi tape, and then removed the thin cloudy frame.

Next I created my sentiment in two parts. First I white heat embossed ‘After the storm comes the’ on black cardstock, and second I cut some letters out of different colored cardstock to form the word ‘Rainbow’. I attached those different elements at the top of my panel, and then stuck the girl right below.

To emphasize the rainy theme, I glued a few clear droplets here and there, and finally I applied a coat of glossy accents on the letters to give the illusion of wet letters.


VIDEO


HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES

- Singing in the rain stamp set

- Partly cloudy die

- Jane small alpha die set


OTHER SUPPLIES

- Spectrum Noir markers

- Graph'it brush markers

- Oxide inks: tumbled glass, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire, black soot

- Sakura white gel pen

- Clear droplets by Studio Katia

- Colored cardstocks by Lawn Fawn

- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn

- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn

- Extreme black ink by My Favorite Things

- 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock

- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire