Lawn Fawn - Shake Your Tail Feathers

mardi 18 mai 2021

 Hello there,

I'm back today with a new 'I only used die cuts' card for Lawn Fawn and this time I'm showcasing a super cute and colorful peacock.

So just like in the Spring Bunny card I shared last month, I colored all the pieces, all the peacock elements using my alcohol markers, and once everything was colored, I assembled the elements, starting with the tail. Next I assembled the peacock's face.


Next I moved on to the background. I cut a slimline panel and used pink oxide inks to create a super bright and sweet background: spun sugar, kitsch flamingo and picked raspberry. And after the ink blending, I added texture: water droplets first, and next I smooshed my picked raspberry ink pad on my glass surface, added a bit of water to the ink and then created a million dots on the paper using a small brush. And finally to bring more contrast I mixed some white acrylic paint with water and splattered droplets all over the panel.

I let the paper dry and then moved on to the interactive part using the Swish 'n Pop die set. And I highly recommend you to watch the video below to see the entire process.


For my sentiment, I started by cutting the word 'Shake'. Cut it one time out of blue shimmery cardstock, and two times out of mermaid cardstock. I layered the mermaid letters to create dimension and stuck the shimmery ones on top. Stuck the letters on my panel, and created the rest of my sentiment. I white heat embossed 'Today is you day' and 'Your tail feathers' on sunflower cardstock, trimmed them into thin banners that I attached above and below the word 'Shake'.

Next I added highlights on the elements using a white gel pen, and finally I added a bunch of clear droplets all over the panel to bring an extra touch of shine.
 

VIDEO
(click on the picture below)



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Die sets
- Swish 'n pop
- Tiny gift box peacock and turkey addon
- Tiny gift box bunny add-on
- Little flowers
- Finley's ABCs
- Large stitched rectangle stackables
- Simple stitched hillside borders

Stamp sets
- Peacock before 'n afters

Misc.
- Mermaid cardstock
- Sunflower cardstock
- Blue shimmery 'Pastel' cardstock
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Sakura white gel pen
- Oxide inks: spun sugar, kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry, cracked pistachio, lucky clover
- Morning Dew nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire