Hello Bluebird - Flying High Dreamy Card

vendredi 7 mai 2021

 Hey there,

It's time, the wait is over because the new Hello Bluebird release is finally here! And it's totally gorgeous! To celebrate all the new amazing stamp and die sets, I'm sharing this video that features the super cute and lovely 'Flying High' stamp set. This new set has a beautiful hot air balloon and three different groups of critters that go inside the basket.

I started with the background, and cut an 8,5 x 3,5" panel out of Strathmore bristol cardstock. And I used peacock feathers, blueprint sketch and wilted violet oxide inks to create a sweet and dreamy sky.


When I was happy with the ink blending, and to bring more interest and life to this background, I did what I always do: I added texture, starting with splattering water droplets all over the panel. I dried the paper using a paper towel and then added more contrast. I applied my chipped sapphire ink pad onto my glass mat, I added a bit of water and then splattered a bunch of small drops on my paper. Next to make this sky even more dreamy, I added some sparkles using liquid stardust. And finally a touch of light using a little bit of white acrylic paint mixed with water to create splatters all over the panel.

Next step was to color my images. I stamped everything on 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink, and colored them using my alcohol markers.


Once the coloring was done, I cut the images using the coordinating dies, and then assembled some pieces. I glued the elephant and the bunny inside the basket, and I also attached the blue banner on the balloon and the white banner on the basket. Next I attached the balloon and two birds on the panel using foam squares.


And then, before attaching the remaining images, I created my sentiment. I cut some letters out of silver glitter cardstock to create the word 'Magical' and I stuck those letters below the basket using liquid glue. Next I stamped the 1st part of my sentiment that reads 'Hope your day is' right above the silver letters using black versafine ink, I attached the stars here and there on my panel, and finally stuck my panel on a card base.


VIDEO



HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- Flying high stamp set
Maverick stamp set
- Unicorn Tales stamp set
- Jane small alpha die set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: peacock feathers, blueprint sketch, wilted violet, chipped sapphire
- Sakura white gel pen
- Liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn
- 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Silver glitter cardstock from my stash
- Memento tuxedo black ink

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire