Holiday Card Series w/ Hello Bluebird - Merry & Bright in New York City

samedi 20 novembre 2021

Hey there,

I'm back with a new Hello Bluebird Christmas card that takes place in New York City and features City sidewalksI started by creating the background and I picked a die from Little village because it looked like a brownstone house to me, so it was the perfect little die to create a New York City background.

I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" dark grey panel, as well as fifteen buildings out of the same paper. I traced a vertical line right in the center of this panel, and then a horizontal line at the top. And for that line I used a building to help me decide where to trace it and to get a straight line I used my T ruler.

I attached a first row of buildings on that line: I started by lining up a building with the middle line and then I attached two buildings on each side. And I did this for the two other rows.


Once all the buildings were attached, I cut a simple grey rectangle as well as a thin black strip that I stuck on top of each other at the bottom of the panel, right below the buildings.

And to give a winter feeling to this background I just added snow all over the panel: I mixed some drops of copic opaque white ink with water and used a small brush to create lots of splatters on the buildings and sidewalk. And for a teeny tiny bit of contrast, I mixed some black soot distress ink with water and added more splatters to the background.

Next I stamped the images using extreme black ink by My Favorite Things, I cut them all using the coordinating dies and then colored everything using my alcohol markers. And once it was done, I attached all the images on my panel using foam squares, glue dots and liquid glue.


Next I attached the sentiment between the street lamps: I white heat embossed the word 'Merry' on the same grey paper as the background, and also stamped the words 'and bright' on white cardstock using black ink. And as always, I added lots of details and highlights on the images using a white gel pen.


VIDEO



HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- City sidewalks stamp set
- Big Christmas greetings stamp set
- Little village die set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Distress ink: black soot
- Sakura white gel pen
- Copic opaque white ink
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Extreme black ink by My Favorite Things
- Slate cardstock by The Stamp Market
- Narwhal cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Black licorice cardstock by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire