Holiday Card Series w/ Sunny Studio - Deck The Halls Interactive Card

jeudi 18 novembre 2021

 Hello there,

Today I'm sharing with you a new Sunny Studio joyful and fun interactive card featuring Deck the halls, and I'm going to show you how I made the Santa ornaments wiggle!

I started by stamping four peppermint ornaments, as well as Santa's head and body using extreme black ink by My Favorite Things, I cut them using the coordinating dies and then colored them using my alcohol markers.


Once all my cute ornaments were colored, I moved on to the background and I wanted to create a Christmas tree background and give the illusion that the ornaments are hanging on the branches, so I started by covering a 5,5 x 4,25" bristol panel with mowed lawn distress ink to get a nice and even base. And from that green base, I created the tree texture using a grass stencil. I started at the top of the panel, I placed the stencil upside down and added rustic wilderness distress ink along the grass stencil and used my mowed lawn blending tool to mix the colors. And then I repeated this process to cover the whole panel with tree texture.

Next I created the interactive element. I cut two small pieces of cardstock: one measuring 2,5 x 1cm and one measuring 2 x 1cm. Those pieces will be hidden so the color of cardstock doesn't matter. And from now on I invite you to watch the video below to see the entire interactive process because it's always easier to understand with images ^^


So once I was done with the wiggle mechanism, I attached the four peppermint ornaments and to hang them in the tree I just traced a vertical line from the top of each ornament to the top edge of the panel. And I stamped my sentiment from Holiday Express at the bottom of the panel, right in the center. Next I stuck my panel on a green card base. I added white highlights and details on the images and glued a bunch of Iridescent clear jewels to make the tree all sparkling.

And that's it! Now let's put on 'Rockin around the Christmas tree' and see how Santa wiggles and dances to the sound of the music! I leave you with the process video and I'll see you next week with a new card!


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Deck the halls stamp set
- Holiday express stamp set
- Iridescent clear jewels

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Distress inks: mowed lawn and rustic wilderness
- Copic opaque white ink
- Liquid stardust
- Extreme black ink by My Favorite Things
- Grass stencil by Lawn Fawn
- Sakura white gel pen

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire