Holiday Card Series w/ Sunny Studio - Lazy Christmas Shaker Card

jeudi 11 novembre 2021

Hey there,

I'm so happy to share with you this new Sunny Studio shaker card showcasing the lovely Lazy Christmas stamp set that features two super cute sloths. I stamped those cuties as well as two branches using an alcohol markers friendly black ink, cut them using the coordinating dies and then used my alcohol markers to color them.

After the coloring I moved on to the background and started by creating a turquoise panel. I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" Strathmore bristol panel and applied salvaged patina oxide ink all over the panel and then peacock feathers oxide ink on the edges to bring more contrast.

As always I added lots of splatters to the panel to make it less flat and more interesting: water, peacock feathers + water, liquid stardust + water and copic opaque white ink + water.

To frame the card, and give the sloths a habitat, I cut a Botanical backdrop out of a dark green cardstock, and added a little bit of white splatters to those leaves as well. And to make this jungle card even more festive, I cut another Botanical backdrop out of a silver glitter cardstock. I attached the dark green botanical frame on top of the silver glitter frame, but turned the dark green frame so that the leaves don't match.


I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" acetate panel that I placed in my misti tool with the botanical frame on top, placed some stamps right in the middle of the acetate to create my sentiment, and picked up those stamps with the door of the misti tool. I applied powder all over the acetate panel using my powder bag to make it antistatic, and then I stamped my sentiment using clear embossing ink. I sprinkled white embossing powder on the ink and used my heat gun to melt the powder.

I attached the acetate panel at the back of the botanical frame using liquid glue at the back of the frame on the four edges and foam squares at the back of some leaves to bring some dimension.

I attached two layers of foam strips at the back of the frame on the four edges, and used my powder tool to apply a generous amount of powder all along the foam strips. This will help to keep the sequins away from the foam strips.


I cleaned the acetate using a microfiber cloth, and poured a mix of sequins directly on the acetate, I carefully peeled the backing papers off the foam strips, and then I stuck my oxide panel on the foam strips to totally close the my shaker panel.

Next I attached the two little sloths and the branches. I used glue dots to stick the branches and foam squares to stick the sloths. And finally I added highlights and details on the images using a white gel pen.

And that's it, we have a super fun and festive shaker card that features the cutest little sloths,and I hope that you like it. Feel welcome to check the process video, and I will see you next week with a new card!


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Lazy Christmas stamp set
- Botanical backdrop die


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: salvaged patina and peacock feathers
- Sakura white gel pen
- Copic opaque white ink
- Dark green cardstock by The Stamp Market
- Silver glitter cardstock by American Crafts
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Sequin mix from my stash
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire