[IG HOP] Pretty Pink Posh October 2024 Release - Snow Globe Mix & Match

lundi 21 octobre 2024


Hello there,

Pretty Pink Posh is kicking off the holiday season with a new release! This collection has something for everyone, from cute and whimsical to classic and elegant designs that will make your projects stand out this season. Make sure to check my post on Instagram and hop along!


To make today's card, I mixed and matched a whole bunch of items, some of them from previous releases and some of them from the Pretty Pink Posh October 2024 release, to create a bright and cheerful snow globe, and I started off by creating the background on a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel. I did a base first by applying, from the center of my panel towards the edges, tumbled glass, broken china, uncharted mariner and chipped sapphire oxide inks. Next I temporarily taped my Cascading Snowflakes stencil on top of the panel, and applied uncharted mariner and chipped sapphire oxide inks in a random way to create a nice snowflake background.

As always, I added texture to my background, and started off by splattering water that I dried with a paper towel. Next I mixed some chipped sapphire oxide ink with water, and used a slim brush to add more splatters to my piece of paper. And then I did the same with copic opaque white ink and with brushed pewter distress mica spray.


Next I cut an Eyelet Circle panel out of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock, cut a 3,25 inches circle mask out of scrap paper, taped it to my scalloped circle panel, applied tumbled glass, broken china and uncharted mariner oxide inks in the middle of my panel, and then added the same textures as my A2 background.

I die cut all the bits and pieces out of colored cardstock and glitter/shiny cardstock to complete and adorn my snow globe. Here is a detailed list of the die sets I used:  Big Christmas Cupcake - tree, snow bank, star, baubles, snowflakes, presents, bow, garlands  Fringe Tree - tree trunk  Holiday Wreath Builder - leaves, berries, branches  Candy Corn Shaker - snow globe base.

I used my Medium Polka Dots stencil to add details to the tree, added a bit of tumbled glass oxide ink to the snow bank, used distress inks to add more depth to each element, and mixed some copic opaque white ink with water to add white splatters to all the pieces using a slim brush. And once everything was dry, I assembled and attached the pieces to my Cascading Snowflake background using 1mm and 2mm foam squares.


Next I cut a banner out of navy blue cardstock using dies from Love From Afar, silver heat embossed "Have a holly jolly Christmas" from Sentiment Strips: Christmas on the middle piece, and then attached the banner right above the tree using foam squares. I glued a Candy Cane Lane snowflake confetti in the center of each holographic snowflake, and as a final detail, I applied a little bit of glue to each berry and sprinkled fine glitter to make them all sparkle.


PRETTY PINK POSH SUPPLIES
- Big Christmas cupcake die set
- Fringe tree die set
- Holiday wreath builder die set
- Love from afar die set
- Candy corn shaker die set
- Eyelet circle die
- Sentiment strips die
- Sentiment strips: Christmas stamp set
- Cascading snowflakes stencil
- Candy cane lane clay confetti


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: tumbled glass, broken china, uncharted mariner, chipped sapphire
- Distress inks: mowed lawn, aged mahogany, wild honey, vintage photo, rustic wilderness
- Copic opaque white ink
- Liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn
- Brushed pewter distress mica spray
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Silver embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Fine glitter by Lawn Fawn
- Holographic cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Gold glitter luxe cardstock by Simon Says Stamp
- Light brown woodgrain cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Colored cardstock by The Stamp Market
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire