Lawn Fawn - Monochromatic vs Rainbow Halloween Cards

mardi 8 octobre 2024

Hi there,

I'm very happy to be back on the Lawn Fawn YouTube Channel & Blog with this Halloween card duo showcasing several items from the Fall & Winter 2024 Release: the Spider Web Background stencil, the Strings Of Lights Backdrops and Extra Bulbs Add-On. Today's cards were inspired by the one I created for the September Inspiration Week, and I had so much fun I thought it'd been nice to make two extra cards, but with different color palettes.


I started off by creating the black and white background on a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel. I first applied hickory smoke oxide ink in the middle of my panel, I added black soot oxide ink on the four sides, and then mixed both colors using my blending tools back and forth. Once I was happy with the blending, I taped my Spider Web Background stencil on top of my panel, and used the same oxide inks with a heavier hand to create a cool spider web. I added lots pf texture to my panel, set it aside to dry, and moved on to the rainbow background.

On a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, I started off by applying kitsch flamingo, dried marigold, squeezed lemonade, twisted citron, salvaged patina and shaded lilac oxide inks clockwise. Next I taped my Spider Web Background stencil on top of my panel, and applied picked raspberry, carved pumpkin, fossilized amber, mowed lawn, peacock feathers and wilted violet clockwise for a tone on tone look. And I added lots of texture to my panel as well.


I die cut two Strings Of Lights Backdrop panels: one out of Narwhal cardstock that I stuck to the black and white background using 1mm foam squares, and one out of White cardstock that I attached to the rainbow background using 1mm foam squares as well.

Next I die cut all the light pieces using the Strings Of Lights Extra Bulbs Add-On. For the monochromatic panel, I cut the light bases out of White cardstock, glued them on my gray backdrop, then cut the lights out of Fog, Narwhal, Storm Cloud and Black Licorice cardstock, and attached them on top of the white bases. For the rainbow panel, I die cut the lights out of Guava, Fake Tan, Sunflower, Cilantro, Tide Pool and Sugarplum cardstock, and stuck them to my white backdrop.

To finish each of my panels nicely, I die cut two Stitched Rectangle Frames: one out of Black Textured Canvas cardstock that I stuck to the monochromatic panel using liquid glue, and one out of Turquoise Textured Canvas cardstock that I attached to the rainbow panel using liquid glue as well. Next I applied white blizzard nuvo drop to all the light bulbs, and set my panels aside to dry.


I die cut some candy corn pieces using Build A Cauldron dies, out of Fog, Narwhal and Storm Cloud cardstock for the black and white card, and out of White, Fake Tan and Sunflower cardstock for the rainbow card. I assembled my candy corns using liquid glue, and also cut six spiders out of Storm Cloud and Black Licorice cardstock using a Cute Cobweb die. I stuck the candy corns and spider on my panels using foam squares, and then glued wiggly eyes on the spiders to make them even cuter.

For my greetings, I die cut two Simple Wavy Banners out of Vellum, heat embossed "Hope you have a spooktacular day" from Simply Fall Sentiments using Gold embossing powder on the first banner, and using Black embossing powder on the second. I attached a banner on each panel using liquid glue, and finished both cards with a scattering of mini star confetti.


VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Spider web background stencil
- Strings of lights backdrop
- String of lights extra bulbs add-on
- Build a cauldron die set
- Cute cobweb die set
- Large stitched rectangle stackables die
- Stitched rectangle frame die
- Simple wavy banner die
- Simply fall sentiments stamp set
- Cardstock: black licorice, storm cloud, narwhal, fog, 80lb white, guava, fake tan, sunflower, cilantro, tide pool, sugar plum, textured canvas black (gray pack), textured canvas turquoise (aqua pack), vellum
- Clear embossing ink
- Gold embossing powder
- Black embossing powder
- Liquid stardust


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry, dried marigold, carved pumpkin, squeezed lemonade, fossilized amber, twisted citron, mowed lawn, salvaged patina, peacock feathers, shaded lilac, wilted violet, villainous potion, hickory smoke, black soot
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- White blizzard nuvo drops
- Iridescent mini star confetti by Pretty Pink Posh
- Wiggly eyes from my stash
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire