Handmade Lawn Fawn Calendars

vendredi 6 janvier 2017

Hey there!

For my first post of 2017, I wanted to share with you these calendars. They're handmade, and look very pretty on a desk or a shelf! ^^

First thing first: the calendars. I opened Word and created a chart with three colums and four lines. I divided each column in seven little columns, and divided each line in eight little lines for the months, days and numbers. I had to do some measure adjustments so each square was the right size.


I cut each square using my trimmer, put the twelve months in the right order, and added a piece of cardboard behing to make the whole thing more sturdy. I hold everything together using some clips and two pieces of fun foam to avoid any clip mark, and applied white glue at the top. Once everything was dry, I remove the foam and the clips, and voilà!^^

Let's see the first calendar. I first started by die cutting two stitched rectangles. I kept one to use as my main panel, and use the second one to cut a stitched cloud border that I colored using distress ink. I die cut another cloud border in some copy paper to create a stencil that I use on my main panel with the same distress ink to build my clouds.


I stamped my fairies on watercolor paper using black waterproof ink, colored them using some dual-tip watercolor pens from Santoro, and cut them using the coordinating dies. And after applying a powder tool on my paper, I decided to gold heat emboss my sentiment.


I started to attach everything: the cloud border at the bottom, the fairies and some clear droptlets here and there. And added some glitter to the fairies' wings using my clear glitter pen.

Then I built the stand for my panel from white cardstock: the base measures 12,5 x 9 cm, and the middle piece that holds everything together measures 12,5 x 9 cm (score lines at 2 ; 4,5 ; 7 cm). I attached my panel on the stand using double sided tape.


The second calendar has been made using almost the same plan: two stitched rectangles, one as my main panel, the other one to die cut my borders that I colored using distress inks and attached using double sided tape. I also re-used my handmade cloud stencil to create my sky. I stamped my images on watercolor paper and colored them using the same watercolor pens as previously. I gold heat embossed my sentiment. Attached my trees using liquid glue for the bottom and foam squares for the branches. Added some birds here and there. Attached my panel on a stand built as previously.


Finally I attached my handmade paper calendars at the center of each panel, and added "2017" on each one, and a little crab on the second one ^^

VIDEO
Below or here


SUPPLIES
- Fairy Friends stamp set + coordinating dies from Lawn Fawn
- Life is good stamp set + coordinating dies from Lawn Fawn
- Puffy cloud border from Lawn Fawn
- Large stitched 4 bar rectangle from Lawn Fawn
- Simple stitched hillside border from Lawn Fawn
- Stitched scalloped border from Lawn Fawn
- Distress inks from Tim Holtz: scattered straw, antique linen, peacock feather, tumbled glass
- Black dye ink from Hero Arts
- Dual-tip watercolor pens from Santoro
- Clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh
- Wink of Stella clear glitter pen from Zig
- Versamark ink from Tsukineko
- Gold embossing powder from Aladine
- 110lb solar white cardstock from Neenah
- Dark chocolate ink from Simon Says Stamp
- Number stamp set from Artemio

1 commentaire:

  1. those are incredibly adorable calendars! And such a great idea with the holders, so they can stand on a desk. beautiful work! Trés bien! :)

    RépondreSupprimer