Valentine Card Series 2017 - Me + You = Love

vendredi 27 janvier 2017

Hey there!

For this new card, I wanted it to be quite simple but with a main piece that would stand beautifully in the middle of a big heart shaped splatter!


So I first started by roughly drawing around a heart die on watercolor paper using a pencil, and then I painted inside of this heart shape using three different distress inks, making sure to erase my pencil lines once everything was dry. I also splattered some gold shimmering ink here and there.


To add a little extra something to my panel, I used a die from My Favorite Things to create lines on each side of the card. I cut three hearts using a gorgeous heart die from SSS, and glue them together to get some nice dimension.


Then I created my sentiment. For that I combined three stamps: two from Lawn Fawn and one from Altenew, and to make sure they would be perfectly aligned I used my Misti tool. I used black ink for the words, and gold embossing powder for the heart to make it pop.


I didn't want to glue my heart entirely so I decided to attach it using gold thread. I attached my panel to some dark pink watercolor paper I had in my stash using my favorite double sided tape, and added some clear glitter on the heart to finish the card.

VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Heart of roses die from Simon Says Stamp
- Tattered rose, worn lipstick, candied apple distress inks from Tim Holtz
- Mom+me stamp set from Lawn Fawn
- Best mom stamp set from Altenew
- Basic stitched line die from My Favorite Things
- Iridescent shimmering watercoor paint from Creative Expressions
- Versamark ink from Tsukineko
- Antique gold embossing powder from Simon Says Stamp
- Watercolor paper from Canson
- Dark pink paper from Toga
- Gold thread from my stash
- Black dye ink from Hero Arts
- 110lb solar white cardstock from Neenah
- Wink of stella clear glitter from Zig

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire