Autumn Card Series 2017 - Campfire by the lake

vendredi 8 septembre 2017

Hey there,

I would love to join these cuties by the campfire, they seem very happy chatting, maybe singing and eating sausages and marshmallows!


To create this cute little scene, I first started by die cutting all the background elements from two stitched rectangles so all my borders would have the same stitched details: a grass border, a water border and a tree border. I die cut a third stitched rectangle where I created my night sky. I added drops of white paint to give the illusion of stars.


I colored the tree border and the grass using the same color combo of dark green and black inks, and the water border using blue and black inks.

I die cut a stitched scallop rectangle from a wood pattern paper and attached the night sky panel on top of it. And then I added the water and grass borders. And attached the whole thing to a craft card base.


Then I colored my images, making sure to add shadows at the right spots. It's not perfect but I think the result is not that bad. Fussy cut and attached them to the panel using foam squares and liquid glue. I added my sentiment on the top right corner and some sequins to finish the card.

VIDEO
Below or here

CRAFTIN DESERT DIVAS






OTHER SUPPLIES
- Distress inks from Tim Holtz: salty ocean, blueprint sketch, mowed lawn, peacock feathers, black soot
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
- Watercolor cardstock from Canson
- Wood pattern paper from my stash
- Craft cardstock from Neenah
- Solar white cardstock from Neenah

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire