Spooky Card Series 2017 - Happy Spookoween

dimanche 10 septembre 2017

Hello there,

We don't celebrate Halloween in France but I still love to make cards for this special occasion. These new dies are part of the September release, as well as these cuties that I love so much, especially the bats. I couldn't help myself I had to add wiggly eyes on them!


I first started by printing my sentiment on a piece of watercolor cardstock. Then I die cut a circle from masking paper that I attached to my panel so I could mask where I wanted to place the moon and create the night sky. I created it using black ink and two shades of dark blue inks.


Next I masked the night sky and started to create the moon. I first applied some pale blue ink all over the circle, and a darker blue ink on the edges. Then I splattered a bunch of water drops to make it more interesting and spooky.

I die cut two borders from black cardstock: one hill border and one haunted house border. I also colored a piece of white cardstock in yellow, cut thin strips from it and glues then behind the haunted house windows.


Attached the borders at the bottom of my panel, and colored the images. I fussy cut them and finally added wiggly eyes to the bats to make them funnier and cuter.

VIDEO
Below or here

CRAFTIN DESERT DIVAS SUPPLIES


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Distress inks from Tim Holtz: tumbled glass, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire, black soot
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
- Watercolor cardstock from Canson
- Black cardstock from Simon Says Stamp
- Wiggly eyes from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire