Holiday Card Series 2018 - Winter in Moscow

samedi 20 octobre 2018

Hello there,

When I started making cards a few years ago, my favorite technique was water coloring on heat embossed designs. Through the months I kind of stopped doing it but when I saw that gorgeous Kremlin design by 4enscrap, I just couldn't resist buying it to use the technique again with monochromatic combos!


I first started by stamping the image onto three rectangles of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock. Then I heat embossed each design using three different embossing powders: white, gold, and silver.


I applied distress inks mixed with water on each panel to create the sky: blueprint sketch + salty ocean + tumbled glass for the white & blue card, seedless preserve + victorian velvet for the silver & purple card, and worn lipstick + spun sugar for the gold & pink card. Next I painted the designs using coordinating zig markers, and once everything was dry I splattered metallic paint on each sky.


I die cut each panel using a stitched rectangle die, and attached them on white card bases. As a final touch, I simply die cut the sentiments in coordinating mirror cardstock and glued them on each panel.

VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Coupoles à l'horizon stamp set by 4enscrap
- Bonne année 2 die
- Zig markers
- Distress inks: blueprint sketch, salty ocean, tumbled glass, seedless preserves, victorian velvet, worn lipstick, spun sugar
- Versamark ink
- Embossing powders by Aladine
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- White cardstock from HobbyCraft (for the card base)
- Mirror cardstocks from my stash
- Glossy accents by Ranger

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire