Under The Sea Card Series - Deep Down the Ocean - One Layer Card

samedi 27 octobre 2018

Hey there,

The castle I used on this card is from a pretty old set but I've always wanted to buy it. So when I received it I immediately sat at my desk, wondering what I could create with it. As you may know, under water projects are one of my favorite things to make so I thought a castle deep down the ocean would be a cool idea. I used a bunch of other sets to help me create this one layer scene.


I first started by stamping all the images on Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock using alcohol marker friendly black ink. I chose this paper because it helps blending inks beautifully, and I knew I wanted to use distress inks for the background. Plus, alcohol markers work really well on that paper.


I masked the stamped images along the process, according to if I wanted an image to be in front of or behing another image. Once all the images were stamped and masked, I cut hill forms in masking paper, attached them on my panel one after the other, and applied different shades of blue and violet distress inks.


I removed all the masking pieces (my favorite part of the process ^^), and to add more interest to the background, I sprayed water that I dried with paper towel. Next I colored everything using my alcohol markers. I added black details to the fishes eyes, some white highlights to the castle roofs, white heat embossed my sentiment, and attached my panel to a white card base to finish the project.

VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Critters Ever After stamp set
- Mermaid For You stamp set
- You Are Sublime stamp set
- Fintastic Friends stamp set
- Critters In The Jungle stamp set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Distress inks: salty ocean, blueprint sketch, tumbled glass, peacock feathers, shaded lilac, wilted violet
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (for the images)
- White cardstock from HobbyCraft (for the card base)
- Masking paper by Simon Says Stamp
- Versamark ink
- White embossing powder by Aladine
- Memento tuxedo black ink

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire