Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #48 || Inspired by a book, movie or song || Let's go fly a kite

samedi 16 mars 2019


Hello there,

Today's card was inspired by one of my all time favorite movie and a beautiful song from it: "Let's go fly a kite" in Mary Poppins.

There is quite a lot of things on this card: I used the pull tab add-on for the time, I did some masking to make Jane and Michael stand on their feet, I used oxide inks and of course I did some spectrum noir coloring. So it took me some time to create it but I just love the whole final scene so it was totally worth it.




I stamped my images on Neenah solar white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink. Like I said before I wanted to make Jane and Michael stand on their feet. So for Jane I masked the bottom of her body and stamped the top only. Next I drew her dress. And used the same stamp again for the legs.

I mirror stamped Michael because I wanted him to face his sister. So I masked the bottom of his body and stamped the top on acetate. I turned the acetate over and applied it on the paper. Next I drew his short pants. And I made his legs from Jane's using tracing paper.




All the images were colored using my alcohol markers. When Jane and Michael were done I outlined them using a fabercastel pen. I cut all the images using the coordinating dies, fussy cut Jane and Michael, as well as Mary Poppins hair to make them shorter.




I cut a long panel and a cloud border from bristol cardstock, and a fence border from wood textured paper.

For the ground I first applied scattered straw oxide ink. And next I created a tile texture using a stencil and vintage photo oxide ink that I applied with a very light hand. I used shabby shutters and mowed lawn oxide inks to color the cloud border. The fence was a little too flat so I added vintage photo for more texture. And the sky was simply made using tumbled glass and salty ocean oxide inks.




To create the pull tab mechanism, I first started by tracing a vertical pencil line right in the middle of the panel. Next I die cut a notch. I took the largest cloud die, marked the top of it, put the top of the slot die on the pencil mark and along the vertical mark and die cut the slot.

Next i die cut the pull tab. I folded the score lines, erased the pencil lines, and put it through the slot from the back of the panel. I put double sided tape on both of the small tabs and attached a cloud that will be behind Mary Poppins.

I die cut the sleeve, folded the score lines, and attached it at the back of the panel to help the tab go up and down straight. 




Mary poppins was glued on the cloud, I added a small one just below her and attached the main cloud using foam adhesive squares.

Next I worked on the bottom part by attaching the elements. I added more clouds and attached Jane and Michael using several layers of foam adhesive squares.

I created the card base by attaching together two long pieces of white cardstock. And attached my panel using two layers of foam tape. I made sure to avoid the pull tab to let it work correctly.

Finally I stamped my sentiment on the largest cloud, gold heat embossed the word hello and cut it using the coordinating die.

VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Let's play stamp set + dies
- Yay, kites stamp set + dies
- Bicycle built for you stamp set + dies
- Some bunny stamp set + dies
- Screen time stamp set + dies
- Flamingo together stamp set + dies
- Baaah humbug stamp set + dies
- Here we go a-waddling stamp set + dies
- Picket fence border
- Simple puffy clouds
- Puffy cloud border
- Let's toast pull tab add-on

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Oxide inks: scattered straw, vintage photo, shabby shutters, mowed lawn, tumbled glass, salty ocean
- Neenah solar white cardstock (for the images)
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (for the background)
- White cardstock by HobbyCraft (for the card base)
- Memento tuxedo black ink
- Versamark ink
- Gold embossing powder by Aladine
- Stencil from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire