Hello Bluebird - Magical Rain Shaker Card

mercredi 24 avril 2019

Hey there,

I've been wanting to try to make a magical rain shaker card for a few weeks now, since I saw Laura's video, so when I received the Hello Bluebird Rainy Day stamp set I took my beads out of their box and started to work on a card.



To begin, I cut a 5,5 x 4.25 inches bristol panel and chose some oxide inks: broken china, chipped sapphire, peacock feathers and lucky clover.

First I applied the lightest colors: peacock feathers at the bottom of the panel, and broken china on the rest of it. Next I added the dark colors: lucky clover at the bottom, and chipped sapphire at the top.

I splattered water on the panel and dried it to create rain drops. I also added chipped sapphire and black soot drops. And to finish the panel I added white drops to add more contrast.



To create to rain shaker mechanism I adhered foam strips at the top and bottom of the panel. Next I marked every 5 mm, again at the top and bottom. I took nylon thread and put 5 clear beads on it, removed a part of the backing paper on the foam strips, and attached the thread on the first mark, top and bottom.

And I did the same thing for all the strings: five beads on the thread, and attaching the thread on the top and bottom marks.

To secure all the strings during the process, I simply adhered double sided tape on both ends of the threads. And I also applied powder along the foam strips to avoid any stickiness.



When all the strings were done, and to make more room for the beads, I attached a second strip of foam at the top and bottom of the panel. And of course I trimmed off the threads.

Next I colored my image using my alcohol markers. As always it was stamped on Neenah solar white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink.

I cut a cloud border and a hill border out of bristol cardstock and colored them using the same inks as the ones used on the background, stamped my sentiment on the hill border, and attached them on my panel. And finally I attached the image using glue dots.

VIDEO
Below or here

HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
- Rainy day stamp + die sets
- Grassy knoll die set
- Hill and dale die set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Oxide inks: peacock feathers, lucky clover, broken china, chipped sapphire, black soot
- Unicorn white paint by Hero Arts
- Neenah solar white cardstock (for the images)
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (for the background elements)
- Dark blue cardstock by Sostrene Grene (for the card base)
- Memento tuxedo black ink
- Clear beads from my stash
- Nylon thread from my stash
- Sakura white gel pen
- Sakura black gel pen

3 commentaires: