Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #50 - Fun with Food - Pull Tab Pop-Up Card

samedi 13 avril 2019


Hello there,

I've made this pull tab pop-up card for the Fun with food Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, and because Easter is round the corner I thought it would be fun to color some cute bunnies. I also kind of cased myself because I was inspired by this card I made a few months ago to create the inside, but this time I also added an entire scene on the outside of the card.



So, to begin, I worked on the front panel which will show the outside of my carrot cupcake factory.


The background was colored using peacock feathers on most of the bristol panel and twisted citron at the very bottom of it. I splattered water on top of it and also a little bit of white paint.




I die cut a garden border and colored it using vintage photo and ground espresso. As for the grass border, it was colored using twisted citron and mowed lawn. Next I cut a carrot shape and colored it using spiced marmalade, rusty hinge, plus a little bit of vintage photo on the edges and some alcohol markers.


I die cut two doors to create one. One was colored using ground espresso and the other one using peacock feathers and alcohol markers. Next I attached all the elements on the panel using double sided tape, glue dots and foam adhesive squares.




I stamped a lot of images on Neenah solar white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink, and as always everything was colored using my Spectrum Noir markers.


For the inside of the card, I cut a 6 x 9,5 inches panel that I folded in half and cut another panel from the same paper that I run through my die cutting machine with a stencil on top of it. I added an extra piece of cardstock under just to get a nice impression of my stencil.


I cut a panel out of plaid paper, cut a circle in the middle of it, and also die cut a ring and a cross shape that will be used to create a window. To create this window I glued a piece of acetate at the back of the plaid panel and attached the ring and the cross on the front.




For the counter I cut a 6 x 4 inches panel that I scored at 1", 2" and 3" on the short side. I folded the score lines and attached the panel inside the card base.


To create the outside of the window I simply die cut a circle that I colored using peacock feathers distress ink and added a small cloud. I taped it behind the window using washi tape, applied double sided tape at the back of it, pressed the panel inside the card base above the counter, and then removed the panel and the washi tape.




Next I taped the plaid panel and the card base together and die cut a notch just above the window on both panels. I die cut the pull tab mechanism, folded the score lines, and cut the slot out of the card base panel.


I put the pull tab mechanism through the slot at the back of the panel, die cut the sleeve, and attached it at the back of the panel to secure the pull tab.




The pull tab was visible through the window so I had to cut it a little bit. And to be able to glue the bunny off center, I first attached a piece of scrap paper, and then I glued the bunny on the left.


I applied two layers of foam tape inside the card base and attached the window panel. And I applied two layers of foam tape again on the outside around the pull tab mechanism and attached the carrot panel.


To be able to glue all my images, I cut a 6 x 2 inches panel that I scored on the short side at 1/2",1" and 1,5", and I attached it on the counter. And I finally used glue dots to attach all the images.



VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Blue skies stamp + die sets
- Baked with love stamp + die sets
- Some bunny stamp + die sets
- Eggstra amazing easter stamp + die sets
- Butterfly kisses stamp + die sets
- Just for you stamp set
- Just for you labels die set
- Stitched garden border die set
- Simple grassy hillside die set
- Scalloped treat box spring house add-on die set
- Mushroom house die set
- Let's toast pull tab add-on die set
- Pumpkin pie paper from the Perfectly Plaid Fall 6x6 paper pack
- Paper bag cardstock
- Chocolate bar cardstock

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: peacock feathers, twisted citron, spiced marmalade, rusty hinge, vintage photo, mowed lawn, weathered wood, black soot
- Brick stencil by My Favorite Things
- Sakura white gel pen
- Sakura black gel pen
- Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire