Isabel Cristina Stamps - Wild Jungle - Inside Tunnel Card

samedi 27 avril 2019

Hello there,

Today I'm back with an inside tunnel card. I used measurements from Jennifer McGuire and used a brand new digital stamp set called Wild Jungle and designed by Isabel Cristina Stamps.


To begin I took a 8,5 x 11 inches green cardstock that I cut in half to create two panels both measuring 4,25 x 11 inches.


I scored one part at 5,5, and folded it. And I also cut half an inch from one end.


I scored the second part at half an inch, 5,5 and 6 inches, and folded the lines.


I cut a 5,5 x 4.25 inches panel and trimmed it a teeny tiny bit to get a slightly smaller panel. I scored at 1/4 of an inch from both ends, folded the lines and created a second identical panel.





I took the long panel, placed the thin tab at the top and die cut a circle to create a window. Next I placed one of the smaller panels behind the window, aligned them according to the score lines, and cut a circle out of the panel to create a window smaller than the first one. And I used this new window panel as a guide to cut a smaller circle out of the second panel.





Next I worked on the long panel. I didn't want it to be plain so I applied mowed lawn distress ink on top of it, trying to keep a light hand around the circle so it wouldn't be dark green everywhere. For more interest and details, I splattered the same ink on the edges and corners of the panel. And because I think that green and gold are pretty nice together, I added gold splatters on the panel.


Next I covered the middle panel with a flower patterned paper. I simply cut the same circle out of this paper and glued it on the green window panel. And I did the same thing on the second window panel using a leaf patterned paper. I could have used directly those pattern papers as the window panels but they're pretty thin papers so gluing them on the green panels made them more sturdy. As a background I simply applied tumbled glass oxide ink on a piece of bristol cardstock and splattered water on top of it.





Next I assembled the tunnel. The tumbled glass panel was attached inside the long panel. Next I adhered both of the small panels inside the long one and closed the tunnel. For the front of the card, I cut my sentiment using a circle die, painted the edges using the same gold paint as before and attached it on a bigger leaf circle.


The images were printed on Neenah solar white cardstock using my Epson printer and colored using my spectrum noir markers, as always. To save time I die cut and colored off camera some tropical leaves and flowers and assembled everything using 3mm glue dots.


Finally I added gold sequins outside and inside to match the gold paint, and applied clear shimmer to the butterflies. 



VIDEO
Below or here


SUPPLIES
- Wild Jungle digital stamp set by Isabel Cristina Stamps
- Feuilles exotiques die set by 4enScrap
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress ink: mowed lawn
- Oxide ink: tumbled glass, spun sugar, picked raspberry, antique linen, spiced marmalade, shabby shutters, mowed lawn
- Unicorn white paint by Hero Arts
- Gold metallic paint by Creative Expressions
- Cilantro cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Pattern papers by Craft Sensations
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear shimmer pen by Spectrum Noir
- Gold sequins by Pretty Pink Posh

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire