Summer Card Series with Lawn Fawn - Chilling in the pool - Magic Picture Changer Card

samedi 25 mai 2019

Hey there,

Today I'm starting my Summer Card Series! I hope you'll find some inspiration in my projects over the weeks. This first card features some cute little peas chilling in the pool. Life doesn't seem to be too difficult for them.




I first started by cutting two pieces of Strathmore bristol cardstock. On the long one I used the large pocket piece die and a pencil to mark to window. And on the short one I used the moving piece die to mark the window.


On the long panel window, I stamped a donut using memento tuxedo black ink and I masked it. On the short panel I stamped a pea, masked it, stamped the donut on top and masked it too.




To create the pool I simply applied tumbled glass distress ink on both panels. I splattered water on the panels. And also added salty ocean drops. I forgot to color the middle of the first donut so i used a polka dot stencil to apply ink just on that spot.


Next I stamped additional images and colored them using my spectrum noir markers. As I wrote before, the paper is Strathmore bristol cardstock. It's perfect for blending inks and it works pretty well with alcohol markers. And to make my little peas even cuter, I gave them faces using black versafine ink. Of course I stamped sunglasses on the last little pea and added white highlights on the donut rubber rings.




Next step was to die cut the elements. I taped the dies on my panels and sent them to the machine. When the die cutting was done I applied double sided tape on the thin tabs of the main pocket piece, front and back. I folded the score lines, and folded the tabs down to attach them.


Next I applied a generous amount of powder on the flaps, front and back, and along the thin tabs. This will help the mechanism work smoothly. I put the moving piece in the pocket piece through the slot, and insert each flap into a slot. I made sure the moving piece was straight and I closed the pocket. I played with it a few times just to check if it was working well, and use a microfiber to get rid of any excess of powder.




To complete the pool, I cut a frame out of bristol cardstock and colored it the same way I colored the first elements. I applied thin double sided tape at the back of it and attached it to the pocket, making sure the notch was on the side of the tab. I cut the tab part of the moving piece out of cream cardstock, and only cut the tab that I glued on the moving piece tab. I also cut the tab handle out of sticky note cardstock and attached it to the tab.


For the base I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches panel out of a yellow scallop paper, a sticky note frame, and two white panels. One measuring 4 1/4 x 3 1/4, and one measuring 4 1/8 x 3 1/8 inch. When all the panels were stuck, I attached my images using foam adhesive squares. The first part of my sentiment was stamped using spiced marmalade oxide ink and cut using the coordinating die. And the second part was white heat embossed on black cardstock. And as a very final touch I added morning dew nuvo drops here and there on the pool area.


VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Be hap-pea stamp + die sets
- Donut worry stamp + die sets
- Happy summer stamp + die sets
- Aloha stamp + die sets
- Sweetest flavor stamp + die sets
- Stitched rectangle frame die set
- Magic picture changer + add-on die sets
- Sphinx paper from the Really rainbow scallops 6x6 paper pack
- Sticky note cardstock
- Black licorice cardstock

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Neenah solar white cardstock
- Memento tuxedo black ink
- Distress inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean
- Oxide ink: spiced marmalade
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Sakura white gel pen
- Versamark ink
- White embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Morning dew Nuvo drops by Tonic

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire