Isabel Cristina Stamps - Magical Night - Floating Element

mercredi 29 mai 2019


Hello there,


When I saw this new set designed by Isabel Cristina Stamps, especially the image I used, I immediately pictured these cuties floating in the sky above Agrabah.



So I used a tutorial by Jennifer McGuire to make Jasmine and Aladdin float in the night sky on the magic carpet.
This new set is full of beautiful images. You can recreate the Agrabah palace, or a scene in the streets when Aladdin and Jasmine meet each other by the apple stand. And there are also Abu the monkey, Rajah the tiger and of course Genie.




To begin, I printed my image on Neenah solar white cardstock using my Epson printer, as always. And I colored it using my alcohol markers, trying to be as true to the movie as I could.



Next I cut my Agrabah skyline using my Silhouette machine. I searched for Arabian silhouette in Google, opened it in the Silhouette software and the machine cut it for me.



Next I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches bristol panel and picked several oxide inks: antique linen, victorian velvet, seedless preserves, chipped sapphire and black soot. I started at the bottom with the lightest color and went to the top, trying to get a nice blending.



When the ink blending was done, I stamped my sentiment at the bottom of the skyline using versamark ink, and I heat set it using gold embossing powder.




To create the floating image, I first die cut a small rectangle behind it using a die from the Little Flowers die set by Lawn Fawn. I taped it and sent it to my die cutting machine. Next I cut a circle out of navy blue cardstock, it was the closest color to my background, marked the middle on both sides, and attached a cent on one side of this circle.



I placed the circle behind the background panel, with the pencil mark showing in the middle, attached foam squares, and finally adhered Jasmine and Aladdin. Next I attached the skyline using double sided tape and liquid glue. I put two layers of foam tape at the back of the panel, making sure the circle had enough space to move, and attached it to a black card base.



The final touch to this magical night was to add a bunch of stars using a white gel pen.


VIDEO
Below or here

SUPPLIES
- Critters ever after stamp set by Lawn Fawn (for the sentiment)
- Oxide inks: antique linen, victorian velvet, seedless preserves, chipped sapphire, black soot
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Black cardstock from my stash
- Neenah solar white cardstock (for the image)
- Strathmore bristol cardstock (for the background)
- Versamark ink
- Gold embossing powder by Aladine
- Sakura white gel pen

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire