Lawn Fawnatics "Spectacular Skies" Challenge - Rainbow Whirl

samedi 1 juin 2019



Hi there,

I don't usually use a few supplies on my cards, you know that I like to stamp and color a lot of images to create busy scenes but this time, the sky had to be the main focus so I restrain myself.




I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches bristol panel and picked some distress inks in pastel tones: shaded lilac, tumbled glass, cracked pistachio, twisted citron, squeezed lemonade, wild honey, picked raspberry and spun sugar. And I took out my sponge daubers and played with the inks, applying them in a circle to get a rainbow whirl. When it was done I splattered water on the panel, dried it using paper towel, and also splattered white paint using the bottle hose for large drops and a tooth brush for tiny dots.


Because the background was in soft tones, I thought it would be nice to use a lightest color than my usual black. So I chose a brown ink which is Potting Soil by Ranger. It can be used with both alcohol markers and watercolors.




When the coloring was done, I cut the images using the coordinatings dies, and placed the images and cloud dies on my panel, just to get a general idea of the scene, I taped the dies down and sent the panel to my die cutting machine. I also cut the same clouds out of gold glitter paper that I glued behind the rainbow clouds.


I wanted the clouds to be hanging in this rainbow whirl, so I stamped strings above them using versamark ink and white heat embossed them. And my sentiment was also heat embossed using gold and white embossing powders.




Next I cut a white card base and attached my rainbow panel on it. On the cloud spots I put foam adhesive squares and attached the clouds. I adhered the ladders using liquid glue, and the unicorn and fairies were attached using foam adhesive squares. I added white highlights on the unicorn, fairies and ladders, applied clear shimmer to the unicorn's hair and fairies wings, and finally added clear sequins for more sparkles.


VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- A little sparkle stamp + die sets
- Deck the halls stamp + die sets
- Cheery Christmas stamp + die sets
- Simple puffy clouds die set

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: shaded lilac, tumbled glass, cracked pistachio, twisted citron, squeezed lemonade, wild honey, picked raspeberry, spun sugar
- Potting soil ink by Ranger
- Versamark ink
- Gold embossing powder by Aladine
- White embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Neenah solar white cardstock (for the images)
- Strathmore bristol cardstock (for the background)
- White cardstock by HobbyCraft (for the card base)
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear shimmer pen by Spectrum Noir
- Clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh
- White unicorn paint by Hero Arts

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire