Holiday Card Series 2019 - Waiting for Santa - Magic Picture Changer Card

samedi 22 juin 2019

Hello there,

It's time for my Holiday card series! I know it may be a little bit too early but I always need a lot of xmas cards and I have some ideas so I thought it would be nice to start creating a few cards.


I started by cutting a long and a short piece of bristol cardstock. On the short piece I placed santa as a guide, stamped some trees and masked them. I did the same thing on the long piece, and then I applied chipped sapphire oxide ink on my panels to create a simple night sky.


I removed the masking paper, and colored the trees on both panels.

Next, on the short panel, I used the moving piece die as a guide to place and stamp Santa using black versafine ink. And then I white heat embossed snowflakes on the two panels.



When both panels were heat set, I used the dies to cut the magic picture changer elements. I applied thin double sided tape on the tabs of the pocket piece, front and back, and folded the lines. Next I applied powder on the flaps and along the tabs; this way the mechanism will work smoothly.

I put the moving piece tab into the pocket piece slot, and I put each flap into a notch. I pulled the large moving piece tab and played with it a few times to check if it was working well. I aligned the moving piece and closed the pocket. And finally I used a microfiber to get rid of the excess of powder.



Next I cut some other elements: a wallpaper panel, a coordinating frame, a window frame and two pieces of cardstock glued together for the floor. I attached the frame and the window frame on my pocket piece. And all the images were stamped on bristol cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink, colored using my spectrum noir markers and cut using the coordinating dies.



I added a blind to my window and adhered the pocket piece to my 6 x 4 wallpaper panel. I applied three layers of foam tape at the bottom of the panel and attached the floor. And finally I stuck all the images down using foam adhesive squares and liquid glue.


VIDEO
Below or here

LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Really Rainbow Christmas 6x6 paper pack
- Wood textured cardstock
- Chocolate bar cardstock
- Black licorice cardstock
- Set what? Pets stamp + die sets
- Baaah humbug stamp + die sets
- Bicycle built for you stamp + die sets
- Cheery Christmas stamp + die sets
- Winter skies stamp + die sets
- Holiday helpers stamp + die sets
- Screen time stamp + die sets
- Snow cool stamp + die sets
- Winter big scripty words stamp + die sets
- Costume party stamp + die sets
- Christmas dreams stamp + die sets
- Magic picture changer die set + add-on
- Masking sticky notes

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Oxide ink: chipped sapphire
- Sakura white gel pen
- Sakura black gel pen
- Versamark ink
- White embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Antique gold embossing powder by Simon Says Stamp
- Morning dew nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- White blizzard nuvo drops by Tonic Studio

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire