Summer Card Series with Lawn Fawn - A day at the beach - Magic Picture Changer Card

samedi 8 juin 2019

Hi there,

It's time for another summer card featuring two cute little kids having icecreams on the beach after they've built a sand castle. Hope you'll like it.


To begin, I cut a large panel and a small panel, both from bristol cardstock. On the small one I stamped the whole castle. Next I masked most of it and stamped it on the large panel. And then I masked both images.


To create the sky I used a homemade cloud stencil and salty ocean distress ink.

I colored castles using the same markers and also added dots of the same colors and white dots using my white gel pen. This way I get a nice sand texture.


Next I cut my magic picture changer elements out of these two panels. I applied double sided tape on the thin tabs of the pocket piece, front and back, folded the score lines, and taped the tabs down. To help the mechanism work easily, I applied some powder on the flaps outside and inside and also along the tabs. Next I put the large tab into the pocket piece through the slot, and insert each flap into the coordinating notch.

I made sure everything was aligned, applied more powder, and closed the pocket piece. I played with it a few times to check if it was working well, and used a microfiber to remove the excess of powder.

I cut the coordinating frame out of bristol cardstock, colored it the same way as before and attached it to the pocket piece. For the sand, I cut a hill border from bristol cardstock and colored it using scattered straw, vintage photo and ground espresso distress inks.


The rest of the images was stamped on bristol cardstock and colored using my alcohol markers. I stamped the kids using a very light beige ink, drew their outfit using a pencil and colored them. When the outlining was done, I stamped sunglasses and a smile on their faces using black versafine ink.

I cut the pull tab out of red cardstock to match some elements of the card and attached it. Next I applied strong double sided tape at the back of the pocket piece and attached it to a panel that I colored the same way as the first panels. I applied three layers of foam tape on both sides of the pocket piece and attached the sand border. And finally the images were attached using glue dots and foam adhesive squares.

VIDEO
Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- On the beach stamp + die sets
- Screen time stamp + die sets
- Life is good stamp + die sets
- Yay kites stamp + die sets
- Dad & me stamp + die sets
- Out of this world stamp + die sets
- Critters from the past stamp + die sets
- Critters in the jungle stamp + die sets
- Village shops stamp + die sets
- So smooth stamp + die sets
- Simple stitched hillside border die set
- Magic picture changer die set + add-on

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: salty ocean, scattered straw, vintage photo, ground espresso
- Sakura white gel pen
- Sakura black gel pen
- Versamark ink
- White embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Strathmore bristom cardstock
- Black cardstock from my stash
- Red cardstock from my stash
- White cardstock by HobbyCraft (for the card base)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire