Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #55 - Living the life

mercredi 26 juin 2019


Hello there, 

Today I'm offering you a quiet and peaceful moment, far from all the every day hustle. Come have some rest and listen to the sweet sound of the waves ^^




I started by cutting the elements to build my beach cabin. I applied vintage photo distress ink on the strips of kraft paper to give them some texture. I used the same ink to color the roofs, and I also added a touch of ground espresso ink on the edges for more texture. I wanted the door and shutters to have a worn out look, so I quickly and lightly applied aged mahogany ink on these pieces.


Next I assembled the cabin by gluing each strip/wood plank on a piece of kraft cardstock. I trimmed off the excess of wood plank, adhered the door and the window, attached the cabin to another kraft piece, and layered the three roofs to create kind of a roof made of straw.




For the background, I cut a large bristol panel, a strip and a wavy border. On the large panel, I used a homemade cloud stencil and tumbled glass distress ink to create the sky. On the wavy border, I used cracked pistachio and peacock feathers to create a nice clear water. And on the strip I used scattered straw to create the sand. Next I added more texture on all the background elements by splattering the same inks.




I stamped all my images on Neenah solar white cardstock using potting soil ink from Ranger and colored them using my spectrum noir markers. The images were cut using the coordinating dies, I layered the wavy border and the sand border onto my cloud panel, and next I assembled everything using foam adhesive squares.


I stamped my sentiment using black versafine ink, added white highlights on the images and finally applied white nuvo drops in the center of the flowers.

VIDEO

Below or here


LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES
- Critters in the jungle stamp + die sets
- Dad & me stamp + die sets
- On the beach stamp + die sets
- Critters from the past stamp + die sets
- Simple wavy borders die set
- Hammock and trees die set
- Scalloped treat box beach house add-on

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Distress inks: vintage photo, ground espresso, tumbled glass, cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, scattered straw, aged mahogany
- Potting soil ink by Ranger
- Black versafine ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Simply white Nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol cardstock
- Kraft cardstock from my stash

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire