Lawn Fawn - Picnic in the Treehouse

jeudi 7 janvier 2021

 Hello there,

Today I take you to the backyard to meet a lovely couple celebrating Valentine's day up in the tree house!

As always I started with the coloring: stamped all my images on 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock using jet black ink, used the coordinating dies to cut them all and my alcohol markers to color everything.


When it was done, I moved on to the background and started by cutting the main panel as well as the arrow handle out of paper bag cardstock. I kept the elements together by using washi tape at the back and stamped a woodgrain texture on the paper using brown ink, and I applied a little bit of vintage photo distress ink on the edges to bring more contrast.

Next I cut the house out of a rainbow paper and used the stitched woodgrain backdrop to create wood texture on that house panel as well. I cut the roof and the floor out of paper bag cardstock and applied vintage photo distress ink on those pieces as well, just like the background.

And I moved on to the magic iris, and I invite you to watch the process video below to see how the whole mechanism was created, images are always better than words to understand ^^


Once the interactive mechanism was done, I started to assemble some pieces, starting with the house. I didn't want it to be too flat on the background so I cut two more houses out of paper bag cardstock and layered my three houses using double sided tape and liquid glue. And then I attached my rainbow house on the panel. I did the same thing for the roof and floor, I cut additional pieces to get dimension, I layered those elements and then glued them on the rainbow house.


My tree also needed some foliage so I used the main die from the magic iris add-on again to cut a green panel, and used a puffy cloud border die to cut three foliage pieces out if this green panel. I applied a bunch of foam squares at the back of each foliage element and stuck them on my panel.

Next I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" card base out of paper bag cardstock, I stuck a yellow pattern paper on top and temporarily taped the tree house panel on top, and I stuck my wood textured circle right in the middle.


Next I placed my panel in my misti tool, and stamped 'me + you' and a heart below it using vintage photo oxide ink. I applied double sided tape on the stabilizers at the back of magic iris, as well as foam tape all around it, and I stuck my panel on the card base. And finally I attached my images using foam squares and liquid glue.


VIDEO
Below or here



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets

- Special delivery

- Wild for you

- Hay there

- Critters in the jungle

- Oh gnome

- Crazy antics

- Bicycle built for you

- Screen time

- Cheery Christmas

- Woodgrain backdrops


Die sets

- Magic iris

- Magic iris add-on

- Magic iris birdhouse add-on

- Stitched woodgrain backdrop

- Large stitched rectangle stackables

- Puffy cloud borders


Papers

- from Really Rainbow

- from Spring Fling


Cardstock

- Paper bag

- Chocolate bar

- Guava


Misc.

- Jet black ink

- Crunchy leaf ink



OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graphit brush markers
- Distress ink: vintage photo
- Oxide ink: vintage photo
- Sakura white gel pen

1 commentaire:

  1. Dissertation Writing Help


    Most enticing blogs I’ve ever read and this is what it should. Must be shared as well. I was really bored but your blog lightened up my day

    Marine courses

    RépondreSupprimer