Hello Bluebird - Catching the Moon

samedi 30 janvier 2021

 Hello there,

Today's video features some cute fairies and birds, having fun in the clouds while catching the Moon. As always I stamped all my images on 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink, and used my alcohol markers to color everything.

Once all my images were colored, I cut an 8,5 x 3,5" panel out of Strathmore bristol cardstock and created my cloudy sky. I first covered the entire panel using shaded lilac distress ink, and next I used a cloud stencil along with blueprint sketch distress ink to create my sky. I also added a touch of chipped sapphire distress ink on all the edges to darken that sky a little bit more.


And then some texture to add some interest to those clouds. I started with water droplets that I dried using a paper towel, Next I mixed some chipped sapphire distress ink with water and used my small brush to create lots of splatters on the paper, and then I added liquid stardust directly in the chipped sapphire ink, and I mixed it to create dark blue sparkly splatters. And one last final detail: I mixed some white acrylic paint with a little bit of water and splattered the paint all over the paper.


Next I attached three clouds -one for each fairy- using foam squares, and added lots of glitter to those three elements, starting with fine glitter on the entire image and then chunky glitter at the bottom. And then I finally attached my images.

I stamped my sentiment 'for a fairy good friend' and as a last final step I stamped diamond shapes here and there using shaded lilac and blueprint sketch distress inks.


VIDEO
(click on the image below)



HELLO BLUEBIRD SUPPLIES
Long distance
- Fairy dance
- Banner buddies
- Tabitha
- Rainy day
- Unicorn tales
- Fairy garden
- Polar friends
- Maverick

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graphit brush markers
- Distress inks: shaded lilac, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire
- Liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn
- Fine glitter + chunky glitter by Lawn Fawn
- Sakura white gel pen
- 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

2 commentaires:

  1. So pretty, Marine. I very much admire your coloring style and how pretty your cards are. You have a wonderful and creative imagination! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I love all your color combos with Spectrum Noir markers. Have you come up with any new combinations? How about for your monochromatic cards in greys?

    RépondreSupprimer