Isabel Cristina Stamps - Mini Fairies Slider Surprise Card

vendredi 19 février 2021

 Hi there,

Today's card is a slider surprise card that showcases the lovely Bella Mini Fairies digital stamp set designed by Isabel Cristina stamps. This set was released this month, along with some other super cute sets, including the awesome It's Movie Night set that I used to create the card below. The little guys at the bottom are from that set, and I mixed it with the amazing Talking Toys set to really get into the movie theme.

Isabel has a bunch of movie and tv series related sets in her etsy shop, they're all coordinates perfectly with the It's Movie Night set so you might want to check those out!

Back to today's card. I used most of the images from Bella Mini Fairies, but to brighten up the scene I used some images from other sets. And you will find all the details below the video at the end of this blog post.


I printed all the images on 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock using my Epson xp-225, cut them all using my Scan 'n cut machine, and coloed everything using my alcohol markers.


Next I moved on to the interactive part of the card and cut three different panels out of strathmore bristol cardstock: a slider panel using the slider surprise die set by My Favorite Things, a simple rectangle measuring the same as the slider panel, and a pull tab panel using another die from the Slider surprise die set.

I started with the slider panel. I used a cloud stencil along with tumbled glass distress ink to create a simple sky. And at the bottom I used shabby shutters and mowed lawn distress inks to create grass.

Added some texture to the sky section by mixing tumbled glass and salty ocean distress inks with water and creating splatters on the paper.to create texture on my panel, but to me it definitely needed a little more contrast so I also used some salty ocean distress ink. And I did the same thing on the grass section using the same green inks as before.

Next I wanted the inside panel to also have clouds and I wanted them to be coordinated so I tape the simple rectangle panel on my desk. I placed the slider panel on top, and the stencil on top, made sure that I was placing the stencil on the right cloud section, removed the slider panel, and then applied tumbled glass distress ink on my simple rectangle panel. And I did the same process to cover the entire panel.

And I also created the same cloud pattern on the pull tab panel.


Next I assembled my three elements, and I started by folding the score lines on the slider panel. I applied double sided sticky tape at the back of the slim rectangle, peeled the backing paper off, made sure that my slider panel was laying flat on my desk, and stuck the pull tab panel at the back of it, making sure to have the rounded edges on the notch side.

I applied foam sticky tape all around the pull tab panel and then attached it to the remaining panel. And next it was time to assemble and stick all my cute images on that slider panel using glue dots and also foam squares.


I stamped my sentiment as well as an arrow at the top of the pull tab panel, and finally I applied some glitter on the fairies wings and butterflies and white nuvo drops in the middle of each flower.


VIDEO
(click on the picture below)



ISABEL CRISTINA STAMPS SUPPLIES
- Bella Mini Fairies: fairies & tree house
- Flower Bunnies: fences, flower bushes, flowers & butterflies
- Flower Friends: flower garland, branch & small flowers
- Woodland Friends: tree trunk & mushroom

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Distress inks: tumbled glass salty ocean, shabby shutters, mowed lawn
- Slider surprise die set by My Favorite Things
- Pull here stamp set by Lawn Fawn
- A little sparkle stamp set by Lawn Fawn (for the sentiment)
- Cloud stencil by Lawn Fawn
- White blizzard nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- White nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- 80lbs Neenah solar white cardstock
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Sakura white gel pen

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire