Holiday Card Series w/ Sunny Studio - Magical Holiday Express

jeudi 14 octobre 2021

Hello there,

I'm so happy to be back with a Sunny Studio magical scene featuring a cute train on its way to deliver lots of presents and treats for Christmas, this new card features lots of images from Holiday Express, as well as one of the banners from Balloon ridesthe candy canes from Penguin palsand the pine tree border from Winter scenes.


I started with the background, and cut an 8,5 x 4,25" bristol panel. And I created a bright and magical sky using cracked pistachio, peacock feathers and wilted violet oxide inks. I also added some texture to make that sky more interesting: water droplets, liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn, some Copic opaque white droplets and lots of chipped sapphire oxide ink + water splatters.


I set the panel aside to dry and then stamped my images using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I used the coordinating dies to cut them all and as always I used my alcohol markers to color everything, and because the sky was pretty bright and colorful, I kept the locomotive and the wagons very neutral and colored those elements using grey shades.

Next I assembled and attached the images on the panel, starting with the tree borders at the bottom using foam squares, and then all the other images as well floating above the trees.


To create the sentiment, I used stamps from Holiday Express, I heat embossed the phrase on a strip of vellum using silver embossing powder, and I attached that strip at the bottom of my panel right on the tree border. But I didn't want the glue to show at the back of the vellum, so I created a flap at each end of the strip and stuck those flaps at the back of the panel.

Finally, I stuck my slimline panel on a purple card base, and as always I added a million details and highlights on the images to make them pop. And I also glued some iridescent clear jewels here and there to emphasize the magic of Christmas time.


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Holiday express stamp set
- Balloon rides stamp set
- Penguin pals stamp set
- Winter scenes stamp set
- Iridescent clear jewels

OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, wilted violet, chipped sapphire
- Sakura white gel pen
- Copic opaque white ink
- Vellum from my stash
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Silver embossing powder by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire