Holiday Card Series w/ Sunny Studio - Gingerbread House Shaker Card

jeudi 28 octobre 2021

Hello there,

I'm back today with a cute and colorful shaker card for Sunny Studio showcasing the Gingerbread house die set. And I also used the wreath and bow dies from the Sweet treat house add-on die set and two Icing border dies to help me decorate the house.

I cut all the bits and pieces using a pink + green + blue combination, some were cut using sparkling white cardstock to create the icing, and I picked a kraft paper to create the gingerbread cookie.

To emphasize the gingerbread cookie effect, I applied vintage photo distress ink on the house edges. And then to add a cookie texture, I smooshed my vintage photo ink pad onto my glass surface, added a bit of water to the ink and then used a small brush to splatter small droplets on the house. And for a bit of contrast and more cookie texture, I mixed some copic opaque white ink with a drop of water to create more splatters on the house.

Once the house was dry, I glued it on a piece of cardstock, and then I assembled all the other elements: roof, windows, icing pieces, candy, etc. using liquid glue.


Next I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" panel out of a pink pattern paper from the Very Merry 6x6 paper pack. I also cut a white frame, and glued that frame on vellum. The vellum will mute the shaker background so it won't steal the gingerbread house thunder but we will still be able to see the shaker material.

I trimmed the vellum around the frame, and applied foam strips at the back of that frame, on the four edges. And to keep the shaker material away from those foam strips, I applied powder all along the foam edges. This way the sequins and beads won't stick to the foam.

I cleaned the vellum window using a microfiber cloth, and then added the shaker material into the window: white beads, clear sequins, and a bunch of small pink jewels. I peeled the backing paper off the foam strips, and placed my pink panel directly on those foam strips to close the shaker panel.

Next I stuck the gingerbread house in the middle of the vellum panel using liquid glue, and also added more decorative pieces at the top of the house using foam squares.


For the last final details, I cut two sparkling white Lacy snowflakes, cut a kraft banner using a die from Stitched Rectangle and white heat embossed my sentiment from Christmas Cookies on top of it. I also white heat embossed two gingerbread cuties from Christmas Cookies on kraft cardstock, and I created the same texture on those elements as the one on the house.

I attached those gingerbread cuties on both sides of the house using foam squares, stuck the banner on the roof, and then the snowflakes on both sides of the roof.

And finally, I added some details around the house, directly on the vellum, using a white gel pen, and brought more shine and sparkles by adding a dot of glossy accents on each little circle below the roof, and glitter on the candy at the bottom of the house.


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Gingerbread house die set
- Sweet treat house add-on die set
- Icing borders dies
- Lacy snowflakes dies
- Stitched rectangle die set
- Christmas cookies stamp set
- Very merry 6x6 paper pack


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Kraft cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Colored cardstocks by Lawn Fawn
- Pixie dust cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Vellum by Simon Says Stamp
- Pink jewels from my stash
- White beads & clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh
- Sakura white gel pen
- Vintage photo distress ink
- Copic opaque white ink
- Glossy accents by Ranger
- White blizzard nuvo drops by Tonic Studio
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- White embossing powder by Lawn Fawn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire