Lawn Fawn - Love Potion Shaker Card

mardi 11 janvier 2022

 Hey there,

For my first Lawn Fawn card of the year, I was inspired by the Strawberry cocktail shaker card I made last summer. I had a lot of fun making that card back then, so I thought it would be fun to create a Valentine card following the same process. This time my card features two cute skunks drinking a love potion.

I started by stamping all the images using jet black ink, I used the coordinating dies to cut them all, and then colored everything using my spectrum noir markers and graph'it brush markers. And I went with red and pink for the traditional valentine colors, and purple for a touch of mystic and magic. And once all my images were colored, I glued a bow and wiggly eyes on each skunk.

Next I created the love potion, and I invite you to watch the video down below to see exactly how it was made. That kind of process is more easily comprehensible with images ^^


Once the love potion was finished, I cut the lid and colored it using brown markers, and I attached it at the top of the jar. To add an extra cute detail, I added to add some twine around the lid. And to label this potion, I cut a tag out of sugarplum cardstock and a small heart out of chili pepper cardstock. I attached the heart in the middle of the purple tag, and I stuck that tag on the jar.

For the background I first cut a quilted heart panel out of sugarplum cardstock, and used the simple stripe landscape backdrop die to cut planks out of this quilted heart panel. To make the pieces less flat, I added wilted violet distress ink on the four edges of each pieces, and then I added some texture to those elements. I mixed some wilted violet distress ink with water to create lots of splatters on my purple pieces, and to bring a little bit of contrast, I mixed a few drops of copic opaque white ink with water and added more splatters.


For the bottom part of the background, I cut a simple rectangle out of grey woodgrain cardstock, and added a little bit of black soot distress ink on the edges.

I started by attaching the five purple planks on a 5,5 x 4,25". I white heat embossed my sentiment "I only have eyes for you" on a black banner and then I assembled and stuck everything on the quilted heart panel: the woodgrain panel at the bottom first, next the banner, the jar right in the middle and then the cute skunk couple and all the sweet images.

I attached my panel on a red card base, and as always I finished my card with highlights and details on the images using a white gel pen.


VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
Scent with love
- Scent with love add-on
- How you bean
- Purrfectly wicked
- Love bug
- Science of love

Die sets
- Quilted heart portrait backdrop
- Simple landscape stripes backdrop
- Outside in stitched mug
- Magic iris birdhouse add-on
- Everyday sentiment banners

Misc
- Sugarplum cardstock
- Grey woodgrain cardstock (neutral pack)
- Chili pepper cardstock
- Black licorice cardstock
- Paper bag cardstock
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder
- Jet black ink


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Wilted violet + black soot distress inks
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Twine by Stampin' Up
- Wiggly eyes from my stash
- Heart droplets by Sunny Studio
- Tiny heart confetti by Pretty Pink Posh

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire