Sunny Studio - Lovely Lilacs Layering Stamps Shaker Card

jeudi 4 août 2022

 Hello there,

I'm so happy to be back on Sunny Studio's blog with a new shaker card, I just can't help myself they're so fun and easy to make, showcasing the gorgeous Lovely lilacs stamp set, as well as the Watering can stamp set.

I started off with the layering and stamping process of the images. I used dye inks by Lawn Fawn to stamp all the images, and when I use layering stamps for the first time, I always like to prep the stamps, meaning that I first add clear embossing ink on the stamp, next I clean the stamp and then I apply the chosen colored ink. Adding clear embossing ink first helps the colored ink to get a good grip on the stamp and this way the stamping is more precise and the result consistent.

And one amazing thing about Sunny Studio's layering stamp sets is that there is a guide on the products pages to help us line up the stamps correctly and get a beautiful result! So easy and useful!

Next I created the Watering can. It has only two layers, and I used two shades of yellow in order to compliment the lilac flowers nicely.

Here are the Lawn Fawn inks I used to create the flowers & watering can: 
- flowers: fresh lavender + grape soda + grape jelly + sugarplum
- leaves: celery stick + freshly cut grass + doe
- watering can: lemonade + sunflower


Next I created the shaker panel. I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" panel out of a Sweater weather pattern paper, and cut a Stitched arch window out of it. And I also cut a 5,5 x 4,25" bristol panel that I colored using shaded lilac oxide ink.

I attached a piece of acetate at the back of the window panel, and added four layers of foam tape at the back of it, on the four edges. Next I applied powder inside the window, all along the foam edges, that makes the foam edges non sticky so the sequins don't stick to it. Quickly cleaned the acetate to get rid of any excess of powder, and then added a mix of purple & dark blue sequins + Clear jewels inside the window. 

I peeled the backing papers off the foam tape, and attached the shaded lilac panel to totally close and complete the shaker panel. And next I attached the watering can and flowers using 1mm and 2mm foam squares.

For my sentiment, I cut a banner out of vellum using a die from the Stitched rectangles die set, and I white heat embossed the "Thinking of you" sentiment from the Watering can stamp set on it, and I attached that banner on the bottom right hand corner of the panel using clear foam squares.

And to totally finish the card, I added a few clear droplets here and there to catch the light and bring more shine. And that's it! I love those beautiful lilac flowers, how the colors coordinate nicely with the watering can and background, and I hope that you like it too. As always, you are more than welcome to check the process video for more details and information. Thank you so much for stopping by, and see you next week!


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Lovely lilacs stamp set
- Watering can stamp set
- Stitched arch die set
- Stitched rectangles die set
- Sweater weather 6x6 paper pack
- Clear jewels


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: shaded lilacs, blueprint sketch
- Lawn Fawn dye inks: fresh lavender, grape soda, grape jelly, sugarplum, celery stick, freshly cut grass, doe, lemonade, sunflower
- Copic opaque white ink
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Vellum by Lawn Fawn
- Clear droplets by Studio Katia
- Sequin mix by Pinkfresh Studio

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire