Sunny Studio - Watering Can & Sunflower Layering Stamps

jeudi 11 août 2022

 Hey there,

I'm super happy to be back this week on Sunny Studio's blog with another stamp layering card! Today I'm showcasing the Watering can stamp set again, but this time, I'm putting some beautiful sunflowers from the Sunflower fields stamp set in it. A good way to officially start making fall cards!


I started by stamping the watering can. I wanted it to bring a bold contrast with the sunflowers, so I stamped it using dark blue inks. Next I stamped some sunflowers and leaves, and to make sure that I was layering the stamps correctly, I used the guide on the Sunflower fields page to help me line up everything. And just like the Lovely lilacs card I shared last week, I used Lawn Fawn dye inks to stamp all the images:

- Watering can: blue jay + deep sea
- Sunflowers: butter + lemonade + sunflower + doe + walnut
- Leaves: celery stick + freshly cut grass + jalapeno


Next step was to create the background. I cut a Quilted heart portrait panel out of bristol cardstock, and used salvaged patina, peacock feathers and blueprint sketch oxide inks to color it. I added lots of texture to that panel, and once it was dry, I attached it to a piece of white cardstock.

I stuck the watering can and the sunflowers using 1mm and 2mm foam squares, and next I added my sentiment. I white heat embossed the "Autumn blessings" sentiment from Happy harvest on black cardstock, trimmed it into a small banner and added a piece of white cardstock to create an outline, and used clear foam squares to stick that banner on the panel.

I attached the panel to a white card base, and finally glued a few clear droplets here and there to bring a touch of shine to the card. And that's it, super pretty and bright, I hope that you like it. I have a process video for you, so feel welcome to watch it for more information. Thank you so much for stopping by, and see you next week!


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Watering can stamp set
- Sunflower fields stamp set
- Quilted hearts portrait die
- Happy harvest stamp set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Oxide inks: salvaged patina, peacock feathers, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire
- Lawn Fawn dye inks: blue jay + deep sea, butter + lemonade + sunflower + doe + walnut, celery stick + freshly cut grass + jalapeno
- Copic opaque white ink
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Clear droplets by Studio Katia
- Black licorice cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire