Lawn Fawn - Using the Peekaboo Pop-Up to Extend a Scene

mardi 30 août 2022

Hello there,

I'm so happy to be back with this super cute apple themed card. We meet the mouse family again, this time they're busy picking apples and selling yummy things that they have baked in their lovely apple house!

I started by stamping all the images using Jet black ink, and I colored everything using my alcohol markers. Next I cut them all using the coordinating dies and moved on to the background.

I used the main die from the Peekaboo pop-up die set, and used it in a different way than it's supposed to be. So I cut one main panel and turned it to place the score lines at the bottom. I used the same die again to cut another piece of panel, and from that second panel I cut a grass border. Please check the process video down below for more information.


I colored the grass border using mowed lawn and rustic wilderness distress inks, and added a little bit of texture using rustic wilderness oxide ink mixed with water, as well as copic opaque white ink mixed with water. Next I colored the main panel. The lower part using a grass stencil along with mowed lawn & rustic wilderness distress inks, and the upper part using the cloudy stencil along with tumbled glass & salty ocean distress inks.


Next I cut all the different elements to create the apple house. I colored the apple itself using saltwater taffy, abandoned coral and candied apple distress inks, and colored the smallest pieces using my alcohol markers. Next I white heat embossed my sentiment on the grass border, and added vellum at the back of the door and windows, and then I started to assemble everything.


I started by folding the score lines on the main panel: the upper score line to form a valley, and the lower score line to form a mountain. I stuck the grass border at the bottom of the panel using double sided tape, and then I attached all the pieces on the panel, starting with the apple house, and next the apple tree, the mice and all the bits and pieces to bring life to this little scene. Finally I attached my panel to a 5,5 x 4,25" white card base.


VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Apple-solutely awesome
- Berry special
- You autumn know
- A creature was stirring
- Garden before 'n afters
- Swan soiree
- Toadally awesome

Die sets
- Peekaboo pop-up
- Outside in stitched apple
- Pumpkin house
- Mushroom house
- Build a castle
- Scalloped treat box beach add-on
- Grassy hillside

Misc
- Jet black ink
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder
- Grassy stencil
- Cloudy stencil
- Vellum


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Distress inks: mowed lawn, rustic wilderness, tumbled glass, salty ocean, saltwater taffy, abandoned coral, candied apple
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire