Sunny Studio - A Nut House for the Squirrel Friends

jeudi 1 septembre 2022

Hey there,

I'm back on Sunny Studio's blog this week with a new super cute and busy scene featuring the lovely Squirrel friends from the Fall & Winter 2022 collection. I love those sweet and fun little guys so much, I can't wait to showcase them on other projects!

So, as often happens, I started off with the coloring. I stamped the images using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, cut them all using the coordinating dies, and then colored everything using my alcohol markers. Like I said, I created a busy scene with images from different sets, so here is the supplies list: 

Squirrel friends - tree trunk, nuts and squirrels
Seasonal trees - small bird
Little birdie - branches
Balloon rides - banner
Happy harvest - sunflowers
Spring showers - butterfly net
Harvest mice - cart
Country scenes - swirling thing


Once everything was colored, I created a house for the squirrels to live in using the Nutty for you die set for the base of the house, and the Gingerbread house die set for the door and two windows. I cut the different pieces and colored them using my alcohol markers again.

Next I did the background. I cut an 8,5 x 3,5" bristol panel and used scattered straw + spiced marmalade oxide inks to create a light autumn sky. And then I created a grass border to ground the scene. I cut another 8,5 x 3,5" bristol panel and cut a slim grass border out of it using a die from the Picket fence die set. And I colored this border using shabby shutters and peeled paint oxide inks.


Once the background panel and grass border were dry, I started to assemble everything, starting with the nut house pieces, and then all the elements on the slimline panel using foam squares mostly to bring dimension to the scene.

And last but not least I created my sentiment. I white heat embossed the banner from Little birdie on vellum, along with the phrase "Nuts about you" from Squirrel friends inside of it, and I attached it at the top of the nut house using a clear foam square.


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Squirrel friends stamp set
- Seasonal trees
- Balloon rides
- Happy harvest
- Little birdie
- Spring showers
- Harvest mice
- Country scenes


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: scattered straw, spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon, shabby shutters, peeled paint, forest moss
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Brown cardstock by Lawn Fawn
- Slimline die by Lawn Fawn
- Strathmore bristole smooth cardstock

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire