Sunny Studio - Fall & Halloween Pumpkin Patches

jeudi 8 septembre 2022

 Hey there,

I'm super excited to be back on Sunny Studio's blog today with two cards, both showcasing the brand new Pumpkin patch die set from the Fall & Winter 2022 collection. I couldn't decide if I wanted to create an autumn card or a Halloween card, so I decided to make both, using die cut pieces only.


I started by cutting all the pieces I needed to create both cards. And I knew that I wanted to use my alcohol markers to color all those bits and pieces, so I cut everything out of the same paper I always use to color my images. Besides the Pumpkin patch die set, here are the sets I picked the different dies from:

Comic strip everyday: clouds, sun/moon, tree trunks, foliage
Picket fence: grass border & fence

For the autumn card I went with traditional pumpkins using two shades of orange, I also colored some sunflowers, leaves and swirling stems, a sun and a few clouds, some colorful trees and some birds to be crows.

And for the Halloween card I went with spooky pumpkins using two shades of purple. The sunflowers turned into bright pink flowers, I didn't add any foliage on the trees, the sun turned into the moon and the birds into bats.


Once everything was colored, I created a background for each card. I cut two 5,5 x 4,25" bristol panels, as well as two grass borders using a die from the Picket fence die set. For the autumn card I went with a turquoise sky using tumbled glass & peacock feathers oxide inks, and a khaki green grass border using shabby shutters & peeled paint oxide inks. And for the Halloween card, I went with dark blue shades for the sky using blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire & black soot oxide inks, and a dark green grass border using mowed lawn & rustic wilderness oxide inks.

Before assembling the cards, I white heat embossed a sentiment at the bottom of each grass border: "Hello autumn" from Fall kiddos for the autumn card, and "Trick or treat" from Bewitching for the Halloween card. And next I attached the different elements on each panel, starting with the grass borders, and then all the bits and pieces using a combination of foam squares, glue dots & liquid glue.


VIDEO



SUNNY STUDIO SUPPLIES
- Pumpkin patch die set
- Comic strip everyday die set
- Picket fence die set
- Tropical trees backdrop die set
- Fall kiddos stamp set
- Bewitching stamp set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum noir markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: tumbled glass, peacock feathers, shabby shutters, peeled paint, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire, black soot, mowed lawn, rustic wilderness
- Copic opaque white ink
- Liquid stardust by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock
- Transotype coloring paper

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire