Lawn Fawn - Reveal Wheel Scarecrow & Stenciled Background

jeudi 27 octobre 2022

 Hello there,

I'm back today on Lawn Fawn YouTube Channel & Blog to share my last Halloween card of the year. We're getting spooky and fun one last time with these pumpkins, spiders and scarecrow that can change the color of his head thanks to the Reveal Wheel.

I started off with the background. I cut a Reveal Wheel panel out of Strathmore bristol cardstock, with the Pick of the Patch add-on taped at the top, and I used oxide inks along with stencils to create my spooky woods landscape.

I first taped the Hillside stencil to divide the panel into two sections, and I used spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon, candied apple and black soot oxide inks to color the upper part. Next I taped one of the Birch Tree stencils on top of the panel and used ripe persimmon, candied apple and black soot oxide again to create tree border on that upper section. And once it was done, I added texture.

For the lower of the panel, I used vintage photo and ground espresso oxide inks along with the Hillside stencil to create a muddy ground.


Next I worked on the scarecrows head. I wanted it to change colors, so I cut four wheels out of different cardstock: N°2 pencil, Fake tan, Sticky note and Canned pumpkin. And I also cut a Paper bag wheel to make the base of the final wheel. I cut each wheel, except for the brown one, into quarters, and then I attached a quarter of each color onto the brown wheel.


Next I used the Pick of the Patch template as a guide to stamp a pumpkin face on each quarter, and then I assembled my interactive panel. I layered a Paper bag Stitched woodgrain panel on top of a Gotta Have Gingham orange panel, and cut a small circle using a die from the Reveal Wheel die set.

I put a brad into the wheel, and next the small circle at the back of the wheel. I opened the brad to keep those two pieces together, added 2mm foam squares at the back of the small circle, peeled the backing papers off and placed the wheel behind the reveal wheel panel. I lined up one of the smiley faces with the pumpkin opening, and while keeping everything in place with my hand, I placed the panel on top of the woodgrain card base and pressed firmly to stick the wheel to the woodgrain panel.

Next I added 2mm foam squares at the back of the reveal wheel panel, making sure to avoid the wheel area, and then attached the panel on the card base.


Next I stamped my images on Transotype perfect coloring paper using Jet black ink, cut them all using the coordinating dies, and then colored everything using my alcohol markers. Once everything was colored, I added faces to the Simply celebrate fall pumpkins, and next I attached all the images on my panel.


For my sentiment, I first cut a Scripty smile word out of black glittery cardstock and out of Vellum. I layered and stuck both words on top of each other, slightly off centered, and I attached the word below the pumpkins using foam squares. And I white heat embossed the words "It's Halloween" from Pick of the Patch on a Kraft Every sentiment banner that I attached to finally read "Smile, it's Halloween". And last but not least, I glued a black arrow next to the wheel to let the recipient of the card knows that they have to turn the wheel to make the smiley faces appear.


VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Simply celebrate fall
- Fangtastic friends + add-on
- Happy harvest
- Pick of the patch
- Costume party

Die sets
- Reveal wheel
- Pick of the patch add-on + template
- Large stitched rectangle stackables
- Stitched woodgrain backdrop
- Everyday sentiment banner
- Scripty smile

Papers
- Gotta have gingham rainbow 6x6 paper pack
- Paper bag
- N°2 pencil
- Fake tan
- Sticky note
- Canned pumpkin
- Chocolate bar
- Kraft
- Vellum
- Black licorice

Misc
- Birch tree stencil
- Hillside stencil
- Jet black ink
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon, candied apple, black soot, vintage photo, ground espresso
- Copic opaque white ink
- Sakura white gel pen
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)
- Transotype perfect coloring paper (images)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire