Lawn Fawn - Reveal Wheel Monochromatic Foiled Card

jeudi 10 novembre 2022

 Hi there,

I'm so happy to be back on Lawn Fawn YouTube Channel & Blog with this new interactive card that features a whole bunch of different things: hot foil, stenciling, a monochromatic color palette and an acetate wheel to make Santa appear and disappear.

As very often I started off by stamping all my images on Transotype perfect coloring paper using Jet black ink. I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and then colored everything using my alcohol markers. I went for a black & white monochromatic color palette, with some red accents here and there. All the stamps sets I picked my images from are listed at the end of this article.


After the coloring, I silver hot foiled a piece of Black licorice cardstock using the Snowflake background hot foil plate, and from that piece of paper, I cut a Reveal wheel panel. Next I created the interactive mechanism, and I invite you to watch the process video down below to see how it was made.

Next, I cut Simple stitched wavy border out of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock as tall as when you turn the wheel, Santa's silhouette can hide behind it. And before attaching that border, I added a little some details to it. I first created a pavement texture using the Brick stencil along with hickory smoke oxide ink. And I also added copic opaque white ink splatters, as well as black soot oxide + water splatters.


I white embossed my "Happy ho-ho-holidays" greeting from Ho-ho-holidays on a red Everyday sentiment banner, and stamped "and a very jolly new year" from the same set at the bottom of the pavement section using Jet black ink.

And then I assembled everything. I attached a Let is shine red panel to a card base, and stuck a White dotted panel on top of it. I attached the pavement border to the hot foil snowflake black panel using 2mm foam squares, and then stuck my interactive panel to the card base.


I cut a small red arrow next to the acetate wheel to let the recipient of the card know that they have to turn the wheel to make Santa's silhouette appear and disappear, and I attached the red banner at the top of the card.

I attached the images using 1mm foam squares mostly, and to finish the card I added highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen.


VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Winter village
- Happy village
-Yeti ot not
- Car critters Christmas add-on
- Tiny winter friends
- Winter skies
- Ho-ho-holidays

Die sets
- Reveal wheel
- Large stitched rectangle stackables
- Outside in stitched rectangle stackables
- Everyday sentiment banners
- Simple stitched wavy borders

Cardstock & paper
- Black licorice
- White textured dot (neutrals pack)
- Let it shine paper pack
- Acetate

Misc
- Snowflake background hot foil plate
- Brick stencil
- Clear embossing ink
- White embossing powder
- Jet black ink
- Silver foil


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: hickory smoke, black soot
- Sakura white gel pen
- Copic opaque white ink
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)
- Transotype perfect coloring paper (images)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire