Lawn Fawn - Snow Castle Magic Picture Changer Card

mardi 3 janvier 2023

 Hi there,

I'm so happy to be back today on Lawn Fawn YouTube Channel & Blog with this cute snowy and wintery Magic picture changer card. It was inspired by two cards, this one I made a few weeks ago for the release of the Fall & Winter 2022 collection, and this one I made it back in June 2019. On today's card, we have some cute mice standing behind a snow brick wall, supporting and cheering on two participants in a snow castle contest!

I started off with the background. I cut a 5,5" x 4,25" bristol panel, and created a snowy landscape on the lower part using cracked pistachio oxide ink and Hill stencils, and the sky on the upper part using peacock feathers and blueprint sketch oxide inks.

Once my panel was dry, I cut a frame out of it using a die from the Magic picture changer die set, and then set all the pieces aside for later, including the small middle square.


Next I worked on the interactive pocket. I cut a long bristol panel for the pocket die, and a short one for the moving piece die. I traced each window on the papers using a pencil, and then I stamped the images inside each window. On the long panel, I placed the castle right in the middle of the window, masked the sides of the castle and the top part as well using washi tape, applied Jet black ink, removed the washi tape and then stamped the image. I repeated those steps twice to get a very nice impression on the paper, and then I did the same on the short bristol panel, but this time I stamped the whole castle.

Next I cut masks using Post-it notes and placed them on both images, and then I created the same landscape on both panels as the one on the main panel using the small middle squares as a guide. Please watch the process video down below to see the whole process.


Once the ink was dry, I removed the masks and colored both images using my alcohol markers. I added white highlights on both images, and next I cut the panels. I assembled them to create my interactive pocket, attached the frame I cut at the beginning on top of it, and then stuck the interactive pocket and the panel on a card base.

Next I stamped some additional images, cut them all using the coordinating dies, colored everything using my alcohol markers, and once they were all done, I attached them on my panel using foam squares and liquid glue. I also stamped my greeting on the panel: at the top I silver embossed "Happy Winter", and at the bottom I stamped in black "We have snow much fun together".


Next I cut the decorative handle piece out of pink cardstock, attached it at the end of the pull tab, and then stuck a purple arrow right in its center. And as always I finished my card by adding highlights and details on the images and in the sky as well using a white gel pen.


VIDEO



LAWN FAWN SUPPLIES

Stamp sets
- Snowball fight
- Life is good
- Simply celebrate critters
- Car critters Christmas add-on
- Winter skies
- Holiday party animal

Die sets
- Magic picture changer + add-on
- Large stitched rectangle stackables

Misc
- Hillside stencils
- Sugarplum cardstock
- Jet black ink
- Liquid glue
- Post-it notes
- Clear embossing ink
- Silver embossing powder


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Oxide inks: cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire
- Sakura white gel pen
- Copic opaque white ink
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)
- Transotype perfect coloring paper (images)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire