Pretty Pink Posh - Christmas Dinosaurs Slimline Card

mardi 7 novembre 2023

Hello there,

I'm so happy to be back with this adorable tropical holiday card showcasing Christmas Dinosaurs by Pretty Pink Posh. I wanted to feature all the dinos on my project so I went for a slimline design, and started off by cutting a Slimline Peekaboo Windows panel out of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock.


I covered the entire panel with salvaged patina oxide ink, and used one of the Layered Leaves & Flowers stencils along with peacock feathers oxide ink to create my tropical background. I also added a little bit of that ink along the four edges, and added texture to make my panel more interesting: I mixed some chipped sapphire oxide ink with water and used a small brush to make splatters on the paper, and I did the same with copic opaque white ink.


Next I stamped my images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, cut them all using the matching dies, and colored everything using my alcohol markers: the dinosaurs, palm trees and fern leaves from Christmas Dinosaurs, and the flowers, leaves and ivy from Jungle Friends. I kept the dinos pretty neutrals with browns and greys, and used my favorite color combo when I make tropical cards: aqua, blue, green and yellow.


Next I white heat embossed my "Merry Rex-mas" greeting from Christmas Dinosaurs in the middle of my tropical slimline panel, attached all the images using 1mm foam squares, stuck my panel on a bigger Slimline Peekaboo Windows stripy green panel using double sided tape, and finished my card by adding highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen.


PRETTY PINK POSH SUPPLIES
- Christmas dinosaurs stamp set
- Jungle friends stamp set
- Slimline peekaboo windows die set
- Layered leaves & flowers stencils


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Ohuhu markers
- Oxide inks: salvaged patina, peacock feathers, chipped sapphire
- Sakura white gel pen
- Copic opaque white ink
- Jet black ink by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Fine white embossing powder by Hero Arts
- Stripy green pattern paper by Lawn Fawn
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock (images)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire