Pretty Pink Posh - Penguin Pals & Holiday Trees

samedi 18 novembre 2023

Hello there,

I'm so very happy to be back on the blog with this adorable holiday card featuring the amazing Holiday Trees layering stamp set by Pretty Pink Posh that you can use to build the most gorgeous trees. I really had a blast making all those trees!


And speaking of which, I started off by creating a bunch of trees. I first stamped the outline of each tree on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, and next I used Lawn Fawn premium dye inks to fill with colors each tree shape:

 for the light pink trees, I used ballet slippers as the base color and bubblegum for the details, and for the dark pink trees, I used bubblegum as the base color and plastic flamingo for the details

 for the light aqua trees, I used kiddie pool as the base color and mermaid for the details, and for the dark aqua trees, I used mermaid as the base color and peacock for the details

 for the light purple trees, I used fresh lavender as the base color and grape jelly for the details, and for the dark purple trees, I used grape jelly as the base color and sugarplum for the details

 for each of the trees, I used crunchy leaf to stamp the trunks


I cut all the trees using the matching dies, and moved on to the penguins from Penguin Pals. I stamped them along with two beanies on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock, cut the images using the coordinating dies, and then colored them using my alcohol markers in colors that matches the Holiday Trees.

Next I created a pretty simple wintery landscape on a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel. On three quarters of the panels, I did snow hills using a hill stencil from my stash along with salvaged patina oxide ink, and I added texture using a mix of peacock feathers oxide ink and water. At the very top I did a night sky using peacock feathers and wilted violet oxide inks. I splattered water droplets on that section that I dried using a paper towel. And then I mixed some copic opaque white ink with water, and used my small brush to make splatters all over my panel.

Once my panel was dry, I silver heat embossed my "Merry wishes" greeting from Penguin Pals at the bottom of my panel, attached my trees and penguins using 1mm foam squares, and finally added highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen.



PRETTY PINK POSH SUPPLIES
- Holiday trees stamp set
- Penguin pals stamp set


OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers
- Graph'it brush markers
- Ohuhu markers
- Oxide inks: salvaged patina, peacock feathers, wilted violet
- Premium dye inks by Lawn Fawn: ballet slippers, bubblegum, plastic flamingo, kiddie pool, mermaid, peacock, fresh lavender, grape jelly, sugarplum
- Sakura white gel pen
- Copic opaque white ink
- Jet black ink by Lawn Fawn
- Clear embossing ink by Lawn Fawn
- Silver embossing powder by Lawn Fawn
- Hillside stencil by Lawn Fawn
- Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock (background)
- 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock (images)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire